Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

What is the ues of six pins in Intel i210 Ethernet Apater?

斌艾000
Beginner

I want to buy an Intel i210 Ethernet Apater to upgrade my device. But I find 6 pins in the PCB of i210 Ethernet Apater.

I do not know what are the use of these pins. I will show a picture later.

What are these pins designed to? 

Please let me know if any more information is required.

Thanks.

QQ图片20200205125736.pngQQ截图20200205125933.jpg5b767061N35023b51.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 斌艾000,

Thank you very much for the patience.

The pin outs are Software-Definable Pins (SDP). SDP Interface (General-Purpose I/O) is explained on the datasheet of the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210: Datasheet.

Section 1.4.8 

The I210 has four software-defined pins (SDP pins) that can be used for IEEE1588 auxiliary device connections, enable/disable of the device, and for other miscellaneous hardware or software-control purposes. These pins can be individually configurable to act as either standard inputs, General-Purpose Interrupt (GPI) inputs or output pins (refer to Section 6.2.21, Section 8.2.1 and Section 8.2.3), as well as the default value of all pins configured as outputs. Information on SDP usage can be found in Section 3.5 and Section 7.8.3.3. Refer to Section 2.3.7 for pin description of this interface. 

Sharing the datasheet of Intel i210 Ethernet Adapter for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

We look forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 斌艾000,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to check on your request. We will get back to you to provide an update within 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
斌艾000
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I am waiting for your reply again.😄

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 斌艾000,

Thank you very much for the patience.

The pin outs are Software-Definable Pins (SDP). SDP Interface (General-Purpose I/O) is explained on the datasheet of the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210: Datasheet.

Section 1.4.8 

The I210 has four software-defined pins (SDP pins) that can be used for IEEE1588 auxiliary device connections, enable/disable of the device, and for other miscellaneous hardware or software-control purposes. These pins can be individually configurable to act as either standard inputs, General-Purpose Interrupt (GPI) inputs or output pins (refer to Section 6.2.21, Section 8.2.1 and Section 8.2.3), as well as the default value of all pins configured as outputs. Information on SDP usage can be found in Section 3.5 and Section 7.8.3.3. Refer to Section 2.3.7 for pin description of this interface. 

Sharing the datasheet of Intel i210 Ethernet Adapter for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

We look forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

Caguicla_Intel

Hello 斌艾000,

Good day!

Since you have selected our previous post as Best Answer, we'd like to check if you have additional questions on this matter. If you do, kindly let us know and we will be gad to be of help. In case you don't, please be informed that we will proceed closing this request after 1 business day. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos