Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Which driver should I install to make XL710-QDA2 work on server?

ahaa
Beginner

Which driver should I install to make XL710-QDA2 work on server?

And there is also a N3000-1 card on my server. i40e, NVM etc supporting for N3000 has been installed on this server and N3000 could work. But XL710 cannot, all lights are off and link down. And I can detect it.

lspci (2).PNG

How could I make XL710 work properly?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello ahaa,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. What is the brand and model of your server?
  3. What is the brand and model of your SFP+ cable and module?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner

1.1.PNG

2. the brand of server is DELL R740

3. module :RTXM420-550-C00-QSFP28_SR4-100G-100M-Tc    cable:MPO OFC-MPO-8-PC-F-OM3-F-PC-0-45-5(B)

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ahaa,

Thank you for the quick reply. One possible reason why there is no LED lights and the link is down is because you are using incompatible SFP+ cable and module. Kindly check the link below for the supported cable and module.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007045/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner

OK, I will check it. And I have another question.

Do you know how to use XL710 send packets with pkt-gen?

I installed the pkt-gen and dpdk and  run them. The pkt-gen cannot send packet and I think this question should not the reason of cable and module.

Do you have some advice to send packets with software? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ahaa,

Thank you for the quick response and acknowledging the compatible cables and modules.

For you other questions which involves DPDK, we have a different team who supports questions

regarding DPDK. Kindly open the Intel® Premier Support site below. Click the "Access and Log In" to contact the DPDK support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ahaa,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you are now talking to our DPDK team regarding your inquiry.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ahaa,

I am just sending another follow up hoping that you are now talking to our DPDK for further support. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos