Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Why I have loss during capture data?

Miladdona
Beginner

Hi everyone,
I'm working with Intel(R) Ethernet CNA x710 DA4 FH that has 4 ports and I want to capture high rate data (more than 3 Gb per second per port). First, I tested to capture 3.3 Gb rate data from one port. It was good without any loss. Fig.1 shows the CPU cores load. But when I want to capture data from two or more ports simultaneously, I have a lot of losses, also CPU load is just on one core. Figs 2-4 show CPU load for 2, 3, and 4 port data capturing respectively.
anyone can help me to distribute load on different cores? I think it can remove losses.
Or how can I capture data without loss?
I work by Windows server 2016 OS, WinPcap 4.1.3 to capture data, Visual studio 2013 and C program.
Fig.5 shows my Ethernet card feature.
Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
68 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

Good day!

Please be informed that we are still checking on this request. Rest assured that we'll give you an update as soon as there's any findings but no later than 2-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter.

Please see below information for the response from our engineering team.

Just to confirm, you are having similar issues with SW 25.4? Did you revert the driver back to 25.2 after confirming that the latest driver did not help? Or are you still using the latest driver from 25.4

Since you are encountering an issue updating the Firmware using Version: 8.10 with error "Update not available"

Can you try the procedure posted on this forum but using 8.10 https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-X710-T2L-NVM-Update-to-7-3-Failing/td-p/664667

See below link for the Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Update Utility for Intel® Ethernet Adapters 700 Series—Windows*

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25790/Non-Volatile-Memory-NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-Ethernet-Adapters-700-Series-Windows-

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you read our previous message. If yes, please provide the requested information for us to continue with the investigation.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for response.

Yes, I confirm I'm still using the latest driver from 25.4 (Driver version is 1.13.104.0).

Best regards,
Miladdona

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

You're welcome, appreciate your reply.

Can you also confirm if you are able to update the firmware to its latest version as we mentioned on our previous post? 

Since you are encountering an issue updating the Firmware using Version: 8.10 with error "Update not available"

Can you try the procedure posted on this forum but using 8.10 https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-X710-T2L-NVM-Update-to-7-3-Failing/td-p/664667

See below link for the Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Update Utility for Intel® Ethernet Adapters 700 Series—Windows*

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25790/Non-Volatile-Memory-NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-Ethernet-Adapters-700-Series-Windows-

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I downloaded the new Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Update Utility for Intel Ethernet Adapters 700 Series (Version 8.10) from the below link:

and follow the steps that mentioned in this post:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-X710-T2L-NVM-Update-to-7-3-Failing/td-p/664667

I mean after downloading NVM utility 8.10, I extracted it and open "nvmupdate.cfg" file as a text and add "EEPID" to "REPLACES" field and saved it.
After that I ran "nvmupdatew64e.exe" and got the results. You can see the results in Fig.1.
Just, there were different devices in "nvmupdate.cfg" file and I did the same for all. (add "EEPID" to "REPLACES" field). You can see a partial from my "nvmupdate.cfg" in Fig.2.

But, I still have loss.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Miladdona

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

Thank you for the update.

Please allow me to forward your response to our engineers. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

How are you today? 

Our engineering team would like to clarify the information below. We hope you don't mind sharing this with us. 

Is the C program you used was also installed on the same system with Windows Server 2016 and X710-DA4 adapter? Or is still installed on a different system connected on the server with x710-da4 and both systems are connected to switch?

Latest 25.5 driver package is now available for downloads. Will you be able to try it out and share the result with us after testing? 

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack Version: 25.5 (Latest)
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=83965

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the additional information requested by our engineering team for us to continue with the investigation. In case you need more time in gathering the details, feel free to let us know. 

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your response and excuse me for the delay.

I only have one system with Windows Server 2016 and X710-DA4 adapter that my C program is on it.
I downloaded the latest driver 25.5 from the link you sent me and installed it:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=83965

Unfortunately, I still have loss.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Miladdona

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

No problem at all, appreciate your effort in sending us a reply.

We are sorry to hear that latest driver version didn't help with the issue as well. Please allow me to continue investigate the issue with our higher level. We will send an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

Thank you for then patience.

We may need clarification on this matter. Will you be able to provide the actual photos of the adapter, front and back? Based on the SSU logs provided, the PBA pf the adapter is H53934-006. However, this is different from the photo that you provided on your initial post which is J11365-004.

"Fig.5 shows my Ethernet card feature."

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for response.

You're right. Just I sent you the actual photos of the adapter. I also sent you a new SSU log. Please find them attached.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Miladdona

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

Appreciate your effort in sending the information requested. 

Checking the SSU logs provided, we are not able to locate the Part number J11365-004. Rather, H53934-006 is the one present on the logs which indicates that this is the part number of Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710. 

With this, can you confirm that the adapter on the photos provided is the one installed on the system when the SSU logs was extracted? Or do you have another X710 adapter installed on your system having the problem? If you do have another X710 adapter, can you share the actual photos of it?

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner
Hi, Thank you for response. Yes, I confirm that the adapter on the photos provided is the one installed on the system when the SSU logs was extracted. I don't know what is wrong!! Thank you in advance. Best regards, Miladdona
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Miladdona,

No problem at all, appreciate your swift response.

Thank you for the confirmation. The part number that should be reflecting on the SSU logs should be J11365-004 since this is the label from the sticker attached on the physical adapter and not H53934-006. 

But don't be concerned as I will be glad to check this further with our engineers. We hope you don't mind giving us additional time with the investigation. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you.

I want to say that I bought new Intel SFP modules compatible with Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710 Series (Intel® Ethernet SFP+ SR Optics mention in this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007045/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html ) and test them again, but unfortunately I still have loss when I capture data from two or more ports simultaneously. I also should mention I have loss even only from one port for data rate > 4 Gb/s.

I got a new SSU log and sent you. Please find it attached.

I also bought an Intel Ethernet CNA x710 DA2 (two ports) and I have the same problem on this!!

I want to ask you, is it possible for you to do my test on your system with Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710 Series and test capturing data rate > 4 Gb/s (for example 8 or 9 Gb/s)?

I want to see if you have the same problem! If you find a system compatible with this adapters I can buy it.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Miladdona

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

I also changed my mother board.

You see the complete model of the mother board in SSU log.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Milad,

Thank you for sharing an update and performing troubleshooting steps ahead to further isolate the issue. 

We already heard from our engineers and they have suggested to proceed with adapter replacement. Usually, the process for this is to request a warranty replacement from link below.

https://supporttickets.intel.com/servicecenter?lang=en-US

But since this is an existing request, we will be glad to create a warranty ticket for you. We will be sending an email to get information needed in able to proceed with the replacement. Please check your inbox and send us a reply once received. 

We will also let our engineers be informed that you have tried a different adapter and having the same problem. But before we proceed, kindly provide photos of the adapter so we can identify if it is a Retail or an OEM Ethernet adapter? Please also share the driver and firmware version installed on the adapter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Miladdona
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I got a SSU log again and also sent you Firmware version and real photos from my Network Adopter and SFP modules. Please find attached.

Is it possible for you to test the same config for high rate data capturing? Do you have loss too?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Miladdona

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Milad,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on our response.

Please allow us to forward your request to our engineers and rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as we heard from them.

We'd also like to check if you received the email that we sent 5 days ago? If yes, kindly provide the additional information requested for us to proceed with the replacement. 

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 4 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos