Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Why do I install network card pci intel x550-t2 10gbe but Os detected speed 1gbe?

TNguy298
Beginner

Dear company,

I am using Hp Workstation Z8 G4 have 02 port network 1gbe on motherboard.

I add on 01 pci network card intel x550-t2 10 gbe , when I install driver network card and succsess. But I check speed of 02 port x550-t2 , OS only received 1 gbe .

I run Windows 10 .

Please advice.

Thanks

Trung Nguyen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tnguy298,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We know the importance of having your issue resolved, and we will do our best to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

1. May we know to what device is the new card connected to? Does this device support 10gbps connections?

2. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility. After running it, it will generate a text log that captures the configuration of your system. Please attach that file on your reply.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your response, we will follow up with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tnguy298,

We have not received your response on this forum, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Tnguy298,

I am just sending another follow up if you still have questions or clarifications. 

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos