Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Windows 10 1809 + I219V: no more vlans, update created a total mess in the windows networking "subsystem"

SLage
Beginner

Hello,

I'm facing the same issues using a Lenovo P50 equipped with an I219-V after getting the automatic upgrade to win 10 1809 and finding all my vlans broken (present, but deactivated, impossible to activate). Installing the Intel 23.5 drivers ended up in a huge mess: basically it seemed to break windows 10 support for networking of any kind (no wifi, system would hang when accessing network related stuff, especially the I219-V details from the device manager, ...). At some point, after using a restore point, uninstalling, reinstalling the default windows driver and the latest Inteldriver (23.5), the networking stopped crippling the system, but when I tried the Add-IntelNetVlan command, I found it was broken too...

I'm using this PC for work, it's very disappointing to end up with weeks (?) of limited usage because of this kind of bug. Could you please update us about when we can expect the release of a 1809 compatible driver?

thanks for your help

PS: This post relates closely to the following locked topic. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049EFsHSAW/add-vlan-with-intel-ans-235-on-windows-10-1809-i217lm?language=en_US

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Slage, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Prior to updating to 1809 and 23.5 were you using an OEM driver from your system manufacturer, or Intel driver package 23.2 or 23.4? Please check that .NET 2.0 is installed, and VLANs are being created using the following steps: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name " C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN. or create VLAN using a single command: (example: Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parentname "device name" -VLANID "101") 6. Copy the exact "Get-IntelNetAdapter" name in "ParentName". We are currently investigating this issue. Please follow the thread below for updates when they become available: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049EIPH/235-ans-teaming-powershell-cmdlet-hanging?language=en_US Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
AZama2
Novice

Same problem here. We are using Vlans for work.

Computers are in domain - we cannot control windows updates, because they are controlled by domain administrator. And only few of us had intel ethernet.

So we cannot disable update to 1809.

Every week starts with rollback to 1803

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Slage, Please let us know if you are still unable to create a VLAN using the above steps. If there is an error displayed or PowerShell hangs after the command, as in the thread you linked; this is a known issue. We are currently working on a solution to this issue which will be posted as soon as possible in: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049EIPH/235-ans-teaming-powershell-cmdlet-hanging?language=en_US Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
SLage
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answers. The Add-IntelNetVLAN method in the powershell fails. At some point, it deactivates the network adapter and returns with an error:

Capture3.JPG

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Slage, Thank you for the reply. This is an error we are currently checking on. A working solution is to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 1809, but if that is not an option please check the thread below for updates: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049EIPH/235-ans-teaming-powershell-cmdlet-hanging?language=en_US Let us know if you have any questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos