Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Windows 10 1809 LTSC NIC Teaming

MajorTMan
Beginner

Can someone suggest a product to provide NIC teaming in Windows 10 1809 LTSC? Hardware/software solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We have a guide on how to create teaming in Microsoft Windows® 10 1809 using our latest Intel® Ethernet Software 23.5.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you are looking for an Ethernet card or if you want to purchase an Ethernet card that will work for the steps above.

On that same link, just click on "Show All" under Related Products and you should see the compatible products for the steps.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We have a guide on how to create teaming in Microsoft Windows® 10 1809 using our latest Intel® Ethernet Software 23.5.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you are looking for an Ethernet card or if you want to purchase an Ethernet card that will work for the steps above.

On that same link, just click on "Show All" under Related Products and you should see the compatible products for the steps.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Michael,

Thanks for the direction.  I am in the process of giving this a go for our application.

Tom

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

Thank you for the quick update. I just want to check when can you try the steps for me to know when to make a follow up?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Hi Michael,

I have an order in for a HP 2-Port 381T from my reseller that has the supported chipset. I should be getting it this week or next. I should have a chance to try the software next week or the following. If I have any issues I will repost to this thread.

Thanks again,

Tom

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

Thank you for the update and we will look forward to hearing from you after trying our last recommendations.

If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

I just want to check if you tried our last recommendation.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Hi Michael,

So I installed the PROWinx64.exe with just the integrated NIC's to look at the software. It installed ok, it even recognize and installed drivers for the integrated NIC's (HPE Ethernet 1 Gb 2-port 368i Adapters). I did get an Unhandled error loading the Config Utility. So at this point I'm not sure if its due to the OS or the NIC's. My next steps are to see about enabling the (JIT) debugger as noted in the details. I also want to install the (HP 2-port 381T Adapter) as well. Any additional suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

I am happy that using the latest software works. And for the HPE cards that is still having issue, I suggest that you contact HP for the latest and appropriate driver for these cards. They should have a driver tailored for this cards.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Michael,

I confirmed the system has the most latest drivers from the vendor. I will continue with my plan to test with add-in NIC's and will report findings.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

Thank you for the update. Kindly tell us when do you plan to test the network cards for me to know when to make another follow up.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Due to office rotations, I won't get back to this until this coming Wednesday 9/16. I will post an update then.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

Thank you for the reply If that is the case, I will wait for your another update on Wednesday and will send another follow up on Thursday if I did not get a reply from you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Hi Michael,

So good news. I installed the supported adapter we purchase and PROSet Config Util is no longer erroring out. It seems the unhandled error occurs when it can't find any supported adapters. As shown in the attachments, it now identifies the supported adapters as well as the unsupported. My next steps are to team the supported adapters and continue testing.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MajorTMan,

I am happy to hear that. You may not continue to create a team and test the connection.

Just tell us if you still need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MajorTMan
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Great news, I was successful in creating the teamed NIC's with PROSet. Thanks again for your help and prompt correspondence. 

0 Kudos