Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Windows 10 1809 x64 Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Driver Version: 23.5 I have not any VLANs tab! with driver ver: 23.2 I have it, but when i try to create a new VLAN, it will created and it is always disable and can not be enables.

Afshin
Beginner

error.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
VincentT_Intel
Hi Afshin, Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Community. Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager is not supported on Microsoft Windows* 10 Version 1809 (and later) therefore VLAN tab will not be available in the Advanced properties of your 82579LM Network Connection. Please reinstall version 23.5 to your Windows 10 1809 system and user Powershell to setup VLAN. Kindly refer to the steps below: 1. Remove the VLAN created from version 23.2. 2. Uninstall version 23.2. 3. Install version 23.5. 4. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 5. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 6. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 7. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of VLAN. When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Afshin
Beginner

Thanks for reply. It Works! Thank you very much, but...

I can not uninstall ver 23.2 and install 23.5. Because I get a error message. It say there is no Intel Adapter:1.PNG2.PNG

I have to keep ver 23.2 and install 23.5 on it. I have done steps 4 to 7 and result are hiere in this pic33.PNG

Thank you for your cooperation.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Afshin, Glad to know the Powershell command works. Please let us know if there's other assistance needed. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Afshin
Beginner

Dear Vince,

Actually I have same problem in another PC. On this PC I have Windows 10 Pro x64 1809 and Intel(R) 82578DM Gigabit Network Connection with driver version 23.5.1 . Also I have Installed Net Framework 2. But after try to add a new VLAN acording to your instruction, I've got following error message. (see pic)

01.JPG

0 Kudos
KRobe1
Beginner

I noticed your NIC, Intel(R) 82578DM, has been added to the unsupported list. See the readme.txt for the release 23.5.1 here: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/readme.txt

0 Kudos
Afshin
Beginner

😨 so, what should I do? I have over 30 PC's with Intel(R) 82578DM in my Network. One of these day their Windows will turn to 1809 and they will totally trash!

0 Kudos
KRobe1
Beginner

As a end user customer, I can only suggest how I would proceed. I would first move the 30 PC's on to a delayed update channel and delay updating to Windows 10 RS5 v1809. I would continue to seek assistance here; just because it's unsupported doesn't necessarily mean it won't work or can't be made to work. I would set a plan in to action to begin moving those PC's with unsupported NICs to be upgraded over the next year since the writing is on the wall so to speak. I, personally, rolled back to 1803 and delayed 1809 for 6 months due to numerous issues including the Intel NIC Teaming issue. I just feel 1809 is too unstable currently so I'm going to allow some time for things to settle.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Afshin, Intel® 82578DM is already discontinued since mid-2014 and technical support service ended in 2016, kindly refer to the link below for the Product Change Notification document https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/9FD178A3-8BF2-4BF4-9052-71BDC2D0EA6D/PCN111007-00.pdf I'd suggest to continue using the Windows version that works in your system. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Afshin, Please let us know if there's other assistance needed. Best Regards, Vince Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos