Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Windows 10 2019 LTSC and L219-LM - VLAN tab missing

rimvydukas
Beginner

Hi,

I have HP 830 G5 notebook with windows 10 2019 LTSC installed and with latest intel drivers installed (23.5.1). Advanced Networking Services are also installed. When I go to my network adapter properties I can't see any VLAN tab available. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? I need to be able to create and configure VLAN.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Rimvydukas, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Due to PROSet for Windows device manager no longer being supported with Windows 10 1809 and later; VLANs and Teaming can now be initiated from PowerShell. Please check that .NET 2.0 is installed, and VLANs are being created using the following steps: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name " C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN. or create VLAN using a single command: (example: Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parentname "device name" -VLANID "101") 6. Copy the exact "Get-IntelNetAdapter" name in "ParentName". VLAN and Teaming creation will eventually be included in adapter configuration utility. Let us know if the command hangs or has errors, as this is a known issue under investigation. See the release notes for details: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Rimvydukas, Please let us know if the provided procedure allowed you to configure VLANs in PowerShell. If you have any issues or questions please let us know. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
rimvydukas
Beginner

Yes, thanks, I was able to configure VLAN over PS. Will there be any chance to do similar thing in the future via GUI?

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Rimvydukas, Thank you for the reply. Glad the configuration worked. PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility will include a GUI in a future release, but we do not have a time frame yet. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos