Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Windows 10 NIC Teaming

arunvt1992
Beginner
Dear Intel,
I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
I require Intel ANS teaming in my PC which has 2 adaptors.
Adaptor 1 : Intel I219-LM
Adaptor 2 :TP LINK TG3468.
I connected each of the network adaptor to a switch which on SFT mode with Spanning tree protocol enabled on the switches .
The teaming is working on cable failure,network switch failure.
But when I shutdown the computer and then switch it on again , the teaming is not working as one adaptor is going to inactive state after which I remove and create the same team and restart , its working.
Can I know for this multi vendor teaming should I do any settings in the windows as only on shutdown and switching it ON again it is not working and but on restarting the PC the teaming is working.
I installed the proset software 26.2 .
Should I not use this TP link adaptor .
Or can I know which adaptor will support teaming with the I219-Lm .

And can I know from which version of the Windows 10 does Teaming support.
Will 1903 or 1809 work with Teaming.

Should I buy i350-t2 for teaming with i219-lm adapter

MY PC model is HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Tower.
Motherboard : HP 8591
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
36 Replies
arunvt1992
Beginner
Can someone pls reply on this..
If I buy a i350-t2 server adaptor will it team with the i219-lm
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issue with Teaming. For us to check your query, please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear CrisselleF_C_Intel

Thanks for replying . I have follwed your steps and attaching the report. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Thank you for providing the requested information. 

Please allow us to check on your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Apologies for the delay on this matter.

Please see below information for the feedback from our engineering team.

1. May we know when was the issue first happened? Is it from first integration?

2. We noticed that you are still using driver version "12.19.0.16". With this, we would suggest to update to version 26.2 with driver version "12.19.1.32"

Please be reminded that driver 26.2 and its updated PROSet utility are downloadable separately.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

It is also important to completely uninstall the previous LAN driver and PROSet utility prior installing the latest version. Please see below instructions for Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

3.If you still encountered the same issue, we also suggest contacting TP LINK manufacturer if model TG3468 both supports hardware and Windows 10 driver Teaming for 20H2.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle C

1. Yes it happened from the first integration.

2. I followed your steps cleaned the existing drivers and updated to version 26.2 with driver version "12.19.1.32" but after shutdown Teaming is not working properly (again i remove and create team using Intel PROset its working until i again shutdown). But on system restart it is fine.

3. Also i will try to check with TP-link ,meanwhile ,can i know whether Intel i350-T2 can be purchased for teaming with intel I219-LM.

Also attaching the SSU report after updating to version 26.2 with driver version "12.19.1.32"

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

We are sorry to hear that installing the latest driver didn't helped with the issue.

We will also wait for your update once you've heard from TP-link.

Regarding your additional query, please allow us to further check on this. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle

Much thanks for the support.

1.    I went through the Intel Ethernet Adapters and Devices User guide for the release 26.2 in which, under the supported operating systems section , Windows 10 Pro 20H2 is not present but 2004 is present , Can i know whether this is inhibiting the teaming functionality, if will a downgrade from 20h2 to 2004 will make the teaming work.

2. Awaiting for your reply whether should i purchase i350-T2 since in the link you sent me for installing the version 26.2 with driver version "12.19.1.32" has mentioned that the driver is also applicable to some list of adapters which had i350-t2.

3. Or if any of the above options will not work , can you please suggest me the adaptors which works for teaming for my windows versions and intel drivers.

Thanking You,

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

You're most welcome.

We will also check all the items that you mentioned. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle

Please find attached the report after cleaning the existing drivers and updating the driver version and request to ignore the SSU report posted on yesterday (i.e ssu_2)

Thanking You,

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Thank you for providing the SSU logs. This request is currently escalated to our engineers. Please expect an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Thank you for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

I hope you're having a wonderful day and we have an update for you regarding this thread.

Kindly open the link below and go to page 22 under Switch Fault Tolerance (SFT) and confirm if you are experiencing the same behavior. If yes, we want you to know that it is properly working as designed.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28410/eng/Adapter_User_Guide_26.3.pdf

If the behavior is different, please confirm if the issue you encounter is it totally disables the teaming after cold boot that he needs to recreate teaming.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the support.

Yes it is working as per how it is present in page no 22 ( Both adapters are connected to different switches on which STP is enabled). The problem is once i shutdown the PC and then switch it ON , the teaming is not working and then i remove the team and create it again using the proset software after which it is working..  Is it possible to login to the PC remotely so that you can advise me more well and it will be a great support for me .

Thanking You,

Regards,

Arun.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow me to re-escalate this request to our higher level. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello arunvt1992,

Thank you for the clarification.

Will you be able to provide a screenshot when the teaming is not working? Once we have this information, we will immediately have it checked.

As for the remote assistance that you requested. Unfortunately, we only provide assistance via phone, email and chat for Ethernet products. But rest assured regardless of communication you used to contact us, we take high priority of this request.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle,

Please find attached screenshots when the teaming is not working. (i.e. status can be seen from the proset software, which i have attached in my first post). 

Thanking you and your team for the support given until now.

Regards,

Arun.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Thank you for the swift response. 

Just to clarify, can you confirm that the screenshot with file name 1 was when the issue occurs after system was shutdown and then switched on again?

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle,

Yes, the screenshot with file name 1 was took when the  system  was shutdown and then switched on again.

Thanking You,

Regards,

Arun

+971565343396

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Please allow us to re-escalate this request to our higher level for further investigation. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please see below information for the feedback from our higher level. 

We have reviewed the screenshots and would like to confirm if the system came from shutdown state and you unplug the primary adapter of the team, the secondary adapter remains inactive and the switch fault tolerance will not work? This means the teaming functionality (SFT) does not work as it should?

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience as we really wanted to fully understand your concerns and provide correct recommendations.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos