Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Windows 1909

CHead1
Novice

has anyone updated to windows 1909, or has everyone learnt from the past and is waiting for somebody else to go through agony for months.... do our teams/vlans work in 1909.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello CHead1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Can you please let us know more about the product you have to further investigate it and better assist you?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
CHead1
Novice

I haven't tried yet Adrian. Every other windows update teams and vlans have broken. Is the latest version of the ethernet drivers compatible with Windows 1909 is the real question?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello CHead1,

Thank you for your response. 

In order for us to provide you with the proper support, it is important to confirm the exact model of the network device you are referring to. Could you please confirm the network device model and details of the system where it is installed (for instance: Server, desktop PC, laptop, Intel® NUC. Please provide system brand and model).

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
JPoll10
Novice

Short answer: Teams work. Verified on Windows 10 1909 with i350-T2 and i350-T4 adapters. Haven't tried VLANs.

Medium answer: At a minimum, you need to first save your Team/VLAN settings, install version 23.5.2 of the adapter software, restore your settings, save them again, upgrade to Windows 1903, and finally restore your settings.

Long answer: If you are not running PROSet version >= 24.3, follow the steps I outlined in this post first. You will need to go through the full process of disabling all teams and VLANs, uninstalling the adapters, hard shutdown, etc.

Assuming your system is already running PROSet version 24.3 or newer, the process is somewhat simpler:

If you have not already installed PROSet 23.5.2, you need to do so now.

1. Download and extract, but do not install the software.
  2. Open an administrator PowerShell prompt.
    1. Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope CurrentUser
    2. Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"
    3. CD into the APPS\WMI subdirectory of the folder you extracted the PROSet update in.
    4. .\SaveRestore -Action save
    5. This creates the files Saved_Config.txt and Saved_StaticIP.txt. Note that the SaveRestore command errors if Saved_*.txt already exists. In theory you can specify the config file name with the -ConfigPath directive but restores have not always worked.
  3. Install PROSet 23.5.2
  4. Back in Powershell:
    1. .\SaveRestore -Action restore
    2. Set-ExecutionPolicy AllSigned -Scope CurrentUser
  5. Your Teams and VLANs will be functional again.

Before upgrading to Windows 1909, you need to save your existing teams/VLANs (with PROSet 23.5.2 configuration) using the above Powershell sequence through section 2.5. You need to rename the existing Saved_Config.txt and Saved_StaticIP.txt files first. Upgrade Windows to version 1909, then restore your teams using the Powershell commands in #2.2, #2.3 and #4 above.

As noted above, we have not yet upgraded systems using VLANs to 1909. Previous experience is that if teams work, VLANs do as well, but I cannot verify.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello CHead1,

Thank you for your answer.

We will review the information provided and update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
jDCos1
Beginner

I think this is a network adapter and controller. May be It will be 1/10/25/40 GB network adapter of intel ethernet. It is supported optic cable with inter face option. More than people can know from Facebook and google.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi CHead1,

If you're pertaining to PowerShell Get-NetAdapter issue, this is still not fixed. Please continue to monitor the other thread for update.

For Windows 1909, Teaming and VLAN creation works with SW 24.3. Let us know if you encounter any issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker At Intel

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi CHead1,

Good day!

Please let us know if you encounter any issue with Teaming and VLAN on Windows 10 build 1909.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CHead1
Novice

Hi. Works great no problems. I took the plunge all good. I only use vlans

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi CHead1,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if there's other assistance needed.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi CHead1,

Good day!

Just want to check if you have other query related to Intel Ethernet products.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi CHead1,

Good day!

It's been some time since we've heard from you. Hope we're able to answer your query related to Intel® Ethernet products. We'll now proceed to close the support case associated with this thread.

Feel free to create a new thread if you have other assistance needed from Intel® Ethernet Communities.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos