Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Windows Server support for I219-V

HWerk
Beginner

According to this thread https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004AJiwhSAD/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-server-2019-fails-to-detect-i219v I219-V is not supported by Windows Server 2019. But according to this it is... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28396/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2019-?product=82186.

While trying to install drivers I can only find drivers available for I219-LM in the pack supplied by the download.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VincentT_Intel

Hi HWerk,

Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Communities.

In order for us to further investigate your query, kindly share the following details:

1. Exact Windows version including build information
  2. Device ID with Subsystem vendor and ID. For example - "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BC&SUBSYS_15BC1849&REV_10"
  3. Motherboard make, model, and version:

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker At Intel

0 Kudos
HWerk
Beginner

Hi Vince,

It's an Asus MB with Z370 chipset with the I219-V built in. https://www.asus.com/se/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-I-GAMING/ and the Windows is the latest 2019 November release.

However, it's a general question.Which of your information is right and which is wrong. Also, at least IMHO, since I'm downloading from Intel, the driver should still appear in the list of available drivers in Windows, no matter what.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi HWerk,

Thank you for providing the information.

Let me confirm this item and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi HWerk,

Good day!

After further confirmation, the I219-V is targeted for client systems and is not supported on Windows Server 2019. We will update the relevant page to reflect this information.

Let us know if you have other assistance needed.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi HWerk,

Please let us know if there's other assistance needed from Intel® Ethernet Communities.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi HWerk,

Good day!

It's been some time since we've heard from you. Hope we're able to answer your query. Please be informed the associated support case will be closed.

Feel free to create a new thread in case there's other assistance needed for your Intel® Ethernet products.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi Hwerk,

Another option is to get in touch with ASUS Support . The I219-V Ethernet controller is integrated on the ASUS MB and they might have customized driver to make it work on Windows 2019.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos