Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

X520-DA2 Firmware

sbabcock
Beginner

I have 4 Intel X520-DA2 (not rebranded Dell, etc)

I have updated the software using bootutil from Intel 27.2 release :

Flash firmware on port 3
Combo Image Version Name 1.3146.0

PXE v2.4.45
UEFIx64 v8.1.02

Port Network Address Location Series WOL Flash Firmware Version
==== =============== ======== ======= === ============================= =======
1 74D02B2B0CD6 0:25.0 Gigabit YES FLASH Not Present
2 90E2BA2F293C 3:00.0 10GbE N/A UEFI,PXE -------
3 90E2BA2F293D 3:00.1 10GbE N/A UEFI,PXE -------

I have seen reference for Firmware update of 20.5.14 for this card on HP and Dell sites

How do I update the firmware for this card ?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can we ask for you to provide us first a photo of the markings of your NIC both front and back so we can validate your card. Are you having any issues with your NIC? If so, please advise us the issues that you are experiencing as well.

Can we also ask you to provide your SSU log so we can have a look on your system.

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

*Windows 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

*Linux

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log

4. You can attach the log on the thread. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sbabcock
Beginner

This card is about to go into an ESXi server

Just want to know if there's updated firmware for it before I proceed

Back of the Card has :

Sticker : Intel Ethernet Server Adapter X520-DA2

Sticker : verify. yottamark.com with bar code and numbers

Sticker : Date / place of manufacture

I've attached the networking info from SSU

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Thank you very much for providing us your SSU logs. As per checking, the NIC's Part Number is showing as "G35632-016". As per checking the G35632 series is actually an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) from Dell. 

If you are trying to update the firmware or NVM for your Network adapter please get in touch with Dell since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet adapter.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sbabcock
Beginner

I believe you are are looking at the Dell X540-T2 that I have installed in my system

I also have the X520-DA2 which is not Dell

Am looking for the firmware for this X520-DA2

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

We do apologize for the confusion and thank you for advising us. As per checking on the logs for X520-DA2, the part no. is "E66560-005". We will be needing to validate this first if this is a retail card since the part no. is not on our list. Please provide us some time to have this check before we can provide our recommendations. Would it be ok if we can provide an update within 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sbabcock
Beginner

IMG_20220519_0909216.jpg

 Here's a picture of the card

This is pretty straight forward - just need the latest firmware for this card

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Thank you very much for providing a photo of the markings of your NIC. We do apologize if we cannot yet provide you a recommendation as of the moment as we are still in the process of verifying your NIC. Please allow us some time to have this check. Can we provide an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

We regret to inform you that we do not have NVM update for X520 series adapters. Sharking link below for our published article 'Unable to find the firmware update for the X520 Series Adapter'

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027683/ethernet-products.html

Our sincerest apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused as we have to make sure to provide accurate information reason why we validated the markings of the adapter.

Feel free to let us know if you have questions or clarifications.

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sbabcock
Beginner

Confused ........

Other branded Intel X520 card including : Dell, HP, and Lenovo have updated firmware for their version of the X520 card.

The ReadM<e in those updates is from Intel !!

Why is Intel not updating their own card ?

Do I have to go buy a Dell branded X520 to get proper updates ?

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience however as much as we want to assist you, unfortunately we do not really have NVM update for X520 Intel retail adapter. If you do need to purchase an OEM X520 adapter aside from Dell or other brands, please do check first the manufacturer if they can also provide an NVM update on their NIC's just to make sure.

If you have questions or clarifications please do advise us so we can further help you. If none, please advise us if we can close the thread. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
sbabcock
Beginner

These are the stats on my X520 card

Is the firmware listed below the latest ?

[00:003:00:00]: Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2
Vendor : 8086
Device : 10FB
Subvendor : 8086
Subdevice : 000C
Revision : 1
LAN MAC : 90E2BA3D00DC
Alt MAC : FFFFFFFFFFFF
SAN MAC : FFFFFFFFFFFF
ETrackId : 800002C7
SerialNumber : 90E2BAFFFF3D00DC
EEPROM Version : 64.06(40.06)
PBA : G24940-004
VPD status : Not set
VPD size : 0
EEPROM update : No config file entry
checksum : Valid
OROM update : No config file entry
CIVD : 1.3146.0
PXE : 2.4.45, checksum Valid
EFI : 8.1.2, checksum None

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Thank you for responding. We will have this check if this is indeed the latest firmware for X520 NIC that you are using. Please provide us some time, would it be okay if we can provide an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

We have received an update from our engineers that updating the drivers is all that is needed regardless of the firmware that was shipped with the product. Also we do apologize, as much as we want to further assist you this is an OEM SKU. If you need further support please seek assistance from your point of purchase instead.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello sbabcock,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos