Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

X520-T2 Network Adapter stopped because it overheated (3 cards failed/3 pcs)?

CJank
Beginner

I have had 3 different X520-T2 cards in 3 different PCs fail with the Problem: "the network adapter has been stopped because it has overheated."

These are Dell PC's and there does not seem to be a reason or solution, other than replacing the card.

The Dell warranty has expired (2 months on 2 of them) and Intel will not replace because they are OEM.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Chris J.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Chris.J: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® communities. We will do our best in order to try to fix this problem.

In order to provide the most accurate information for this scenario, I will transfer your case to the proper department, an agent in there will further assist you.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Chris.J,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. I am sorry to hear what happened, but so far not that I am aware of. Please try contacting Dell again for the support regarding the OEM NIC, (if this is an Dell OEM NIC) you may refer to the website for the supporting scope of Intel network adapter :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos