I a have Intel s2600wt motherboard this two X540-AT2 ehernet adapters. Link speed in auto negatiation is only 100mbps, then i set 1000mbps on switch or in ethernet adapter properties - link lost. My os is Windows Server 2012 R2 and my switch is Cisco 6509 running on ios version 15.1(2)SY9. Also i tried Cisco 2960G with ios Version 15.0(2)SE8 this same result.
Thank you for writing at Wired Communities. Please provide me additional information below:
1) The chipset driver information of your S2600WT board (e.g the version)
2) What is the current network driver version? What is the link you download the network driver?
3) Can you do a back to back connection, that is connect port 1 to port 2 on the same X540-AT2, and what is the connection speed?
4) Please ensure if you set autonegotiation on the network adapter, the switch should be in autonegotiation mode. Do the same if you set the network adapter to 1000 mbps, the switch should be in 1000 mbps.
Looking forward to your reply.
1) Chipset driver Version: 10.1.2
2) 184.108.40.206 downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ru/download/23073/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-Windows-Server-2012-... Загрузить Intel® Network Adapter Driver для Windows Server 2012 R2* . Also i tried version 22.2 with same result.
3) Link is up on 10Gbps
4) set autonegotiation on the network adapter, the switch should be in autonegotiation mode - links is up on 100mbps. Do the same if you set the network adapter to 1000 mbps, the switch should be in 1000 mbps - both links is down.
Thank you for the information. Just to double check if this is chipset driver version you downloaded?