Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

X540 Performance in NDIS6 LWF

YongminKwon
Beginner

Hi.
My name is Yongmin Kwon and I'm working for  Vieworks Co., Ltd(Machine Vision Camera company) in South Korea.
I am in charge of working with the GigE interface.

We are using your NIC well, but have some problems. We are testing a camera with a data bandwidth of 10Gbps(1115.8 Mbyte/s). We produced NDIS6 LWF and used it to improve reception performance. However, some packets are dropped while receiving them.

So I would like to know what the Intel X550's(both NEXI-X550-T2 and NB-T18-1150-00-06441) reception performance is like. For reference, for NEXI-X550-T2, the packet is dropped and NB-T18-1150-00-06441 works fine.

ㄱ.jpg

And in the top left image, is there a number '2048' associated with the X540 data sheet 'Maximum Read Request Size' ? I want to get the value of 9010 like the image on the right. Is there a way?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, let me clarify if you are building or designing a system with embedded X540 card?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
YongminKwon
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I don't know if I understood the question properly, but in short I am using an X550 card as shown below.

GigESample.jpg

We attach a X550 card to a PC and use it to acquire images by connecting the camera and GigE cable. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Yongmin Kwon

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

Thank you for the quick reply. I just want to know the implementation that's why I asked if the system is a customer system. By the way, can you send a picture on both side of the network card for me to validate it?

And also, can you share the link where you downloaded the driver that you are using right now?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
YongminKwon
Beginner

Hello Michael,

I have attached pictures on both sides of the network card.

And the driver information is in the picture below.

If you'd like more information about the driver, I attached a file to the first question.

10G 2P X550-t Adapter.png

Please advise as necessary.

Best regards,

Yongmin

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

Thank you for providing the information that we requested.

Base on your SSU, your operating system is Windows 10 PRO. Please try our latest generic driver and check if there will be improvement in the performance.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88208

Upon inspecting the network card, I also found out that this is a 3rd party network card from NEXT. At this point, it is best to contact them for further troubleshooting, driver or even firmware update. They are the best team who can further assist you with the issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

I hope you had a great weekend.

I am just making a follow up if you tried our driver and if you already tried to contact the manufacturer of the card for further support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
YongminKwon
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Good to talk to you again.

Unfortunately, even if I downloaded and run the driver for the Windows 10 PRO version, it did not work properly. 

Also, when I installed the enclosed CD driver on the network card, it was to no avail. (Intel software version 22.6 was included.)

I haven't contacted the manufaturer yet, and we are looking for various ways.

Thanks for considering my request.

Best regards,

Yongmin.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

I am sorry to hear that the driver did not worked. At this point, it is best to try to contact the manufacturer of the card for further support. verify with them if your OS is supported and check if they have custom drivers and you can also ask for assistance on how to configure.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you tried to contact the manufacturer of the card for further support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YongminKwon,

I am just sending another follow up hoping that you already tried to contact the manufacturer of the card for further support. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos