Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

X540-T1 - Device stopped (code 43)

PBrun3
Beginner

Hi there,

I have 2x the same setup of one X540-T1 network card in a https://www.logicsupply.com/mk100b-50/ Logic Supply MK100B-50 (ASRock IMB-181-D Motherboard) and in both computers, after a certain amount of usage, the X540-T1 card stops working. When I go in the Windows Device Manager it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)"

I can disable and re-enable the device to make it work but only temporarly. The problem comes back.

I've also installed the latest intel driver. It says it is version 4.0.215.0 which was installed with the file: IntelNetworkDrivers-PROWinx64.exe.

Should this work?

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Pierre-Luc,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. What is the operating system? There are two onboard NIC on thte system, can you try disable first the onboard NIC to see if this will make any difference? Thank you.

Rgds,

sharon

0 Kudos
PBrun3
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for getting back to me. The OS is Windows 10 Pro. I will try your suggestion and report back with the results.

Best,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Pierre-Luc,

Thank you for the information. I hope the hear good news from you.

Rgds,

Sharon

0 Kudos
PBrun3
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

I tried disabling 1 of the 2 onboard LAN adapters but the X540-T1 is still failing after sometime. Though now it's not failing in the same fashion. Now the device in device manager doesn't show any errors or any code 43, it even says that the device is working properly but all communication stops. I can no longer ping the devices and cannot access the devices on this network anymore.

I have to disable, enable or reboot to make it work again.

Do you have any more ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Pierre-Luc,

Thank you for the update. Just to double check if this is the driver you installed?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10-?product=58953

Have you tried upgraded the board BIOS to latest version?

Is there any changes made on the system recently?

Thanks,

sharon
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Pierre-Luc,

Please let us know if you still need assistance regarding X540-T1.

thanks,

Vince
0 Kudos
PBrun3
Beginner

We have now solved this issue. It turns out that it was a problem with a PCI riser card that was used to put the network horizontally in the computer. We changed it for another model and it's now working fine.

Thank you guys for your input and help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Pierre-Luc,

Thank you for the update. Glad to know the issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the solution.

Rgds,

sharon

0 Kudos