Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

X540-T2 UEFI only booting

castertr0y357
Beginner

I've come across an odd issue it seems.  I recently upgraded hardware to get in-line with the Windows 11 requirements, but when I enable UEFI only booting, the system boots right back to the BIOS.  I usually get 1 or 2 screens about booting from the network through the X540 card, but it seems that when the system BIOS is set to UEFI only booting, this card stops the system from booting.

Does anyone know if this card is required to have legacy BIOS booting enabled to make it work?  Or if there's a way to force it under UEFI only?  That's the only requirement keeping me from being Windows 11 ready.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello castertr0y357,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can we ask you to provide us a photo of your Network card's markings both front and back so that we can validate if you are using a genuine intel NIC or a 3rd party OEM. Kindly refer to the link below for reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

Also can we request for you to provide us an SSU log so that we can also have a look on your system. 

Please follow the steps to generate an SSU (System Support Utility) log below:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log

4. Once done please paste the SSU log on the thread.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello castertr0y357,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

castertr0y357

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos