Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

X540-T2 issue on Windows 2012 R2 on Dell R610

MLann2
Beginner

Dear all,

I have a Intel Nic 10 Gb X540-T2 on a Dell R610 with Windows 2012 R2.

It seams that it does not work well, I downloaded the latest drivers (22.4.0.1 - Date 16/06/2017) from Intel website but from Windows Device Manager I see another driver version and date.

In attachment the screenshot shows.

Why? How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Mario

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Mariolanno,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Version Driver 22.4.0.1 refers to the software package version while version 3.9.58.9102 is the actual driver version. You mentioned the NIC does not seem to work well, can you

provide more information what is the issue?

Thanks,

sharon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mariolanno,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Version Driver 22.4.0.1 refers to the software package version while version 3.9.58.9102 is the actual driver version. You mentioned the NIC does not seem to work well, can you

provide more information what is the issue?

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
MLann2
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

thanks for your response, I thinked to see the version 22.4.1 'cos the network card after some minutes has been stopped for overheating.

In the picture here.

This is a firmware/drivers problem?

Thanks

Mario

0 Kudos
MLann2
Beginner

Another problem...

I've tried to copy from different machines and the speed not goes over 512Mbits and the progress of data while transferring is discontinuous between 50/60 MB/sec to 0.

After some seconds, resume, then again.

Resumes but with this swing always.

I think that this is a strange behavior.

The same behavior is between 10G to 10GB and 1G to 10G nics, between 1G to 1G nics is OK and the speed is stable between 700/900Mbits.

It could be a problem with DELL R610?

For additional information, one machine is Windows 2012 R2 GUI (overheating problem on X540-T2) and other is an Hyper-V core 2012 R2 with X540-T2 always.

All two machines are updated by last Microsoft Updates.

Thanks

Mario

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mariolanno,

Thank you for the additional information. If the NIC is overheat then this will affect the performance, please ensure the NIC is installed and run in the supported operating temperature range between 0-55 degree celsius.

Have you also checked with Dell* support if this NIC has had any compatibility issue with their system? Normally the system vendor validate which components can be supported on their system.

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mariolanno,

Please do let me know if further assistance needed?

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos