Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

X550 Performance in NDIS6 LWF

YongminKwon
Beginner
Hello, I am YongminKwon who previously asked questions related to the NDIS6 LWF

Inquiries with LAN card manufacturer is in progress and I would like to ask additional questions.
I am having the same problem with the Intel X550 as well as the X540 in the previous question.
Please refer to the previous question and answer it. Also I attached SSU file.
Thank you for all your assistance.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you for providing that information.

We will continue checking this and the information that provided is invaluable to us.

Please allow us some time to check on this. We hope for your understanding regarding this

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

While we were checking, these questions came into mind which will help us find a recommendation for your issue:

1. Did your x550 card came from the same company? If possible, please provide us pictures of the front and back of the card focusing on the markings on the sticker.

2. What did your system manufacturer advised you so far?

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
YongminKwon
Beginner

Hi, Alfred S

The SSU file attached to the main text is the product of NEXT as before.

We are in contact with the manufacturer, but we haven't received a specific answer.

So, while testing with various LAN cards in progress, the same phenomenon occurs with LAN card manufactured by Intel, so I attach SSU files and images.

It would be good if you solved the Intel LAN card first.

If there are good answers from other manufacturers, we will share them with you.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Yongmin Kwon

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you again for the additional information that you have provided.

We are already on the initial phases on our investigation for your issue.

While we are checking we found the need to confirm the following:

1. The NDIS6 LWF that you are using was self-developed by your company, is that correct?

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

2. If your answer to question number 1 is yes, please provide us a brief information on what customizations and features have you incorporated on the drive.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
YongminKwon
Beginner

Hi, Alfred S

I'll answer about your question briefly.

We are using a filter created by modifying LWF from the samples in the WDK link below.
And NDIS is based on version 6.2.

WDK Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/download-the-wdk

The amount of data we want to use is 1115.5MB/s (50MB x 22.31FPS).

I also attached the version of Windows I am using.

How can it be used in these conditions?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards,
YongminKwon

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you for providing that information.

We will continue checking this and the information that provided is invaluable to us.

Please allow us some time to check on this. We hope for your understanding regarding this

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for an update.

Due to the complexity of the issue, please allow us more time to check on your concern.

We will try to get back to you with an answer no later than 3 business days from now; although, we will reach out to you in case we need more information or if we already have developments regarding your concern.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

We would like to confirm if your X550 adapter is a genuine adapter. We cannot locate the part number on our list. Please check if you card has a Yottamark® sticker. You may refer to this page, if you need reference on what it looks like, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007074/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

We are just following up.

We understand that it would take time for you to answer the question on our last post.

Due to this reason, we will wait for your answer and should we not hear from you, we will follow up again after 4 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
YongminKwon
Beginner

Hi Alfred S,
I am very sorry for the late reply.

As a result of finding out about a Yottamark® sticker, it seemed to be a product from another manufacturer.
So, I bought a genuine Intel LAN card and tested it, but the same symptoms appeared.
So I posted a new question in the link below.
Sorry again for the late reply. And thanks all the time for help.

a new question link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/X540-T1-Performance-in-NDIS6-LWF/m-p/1231006

Best Regards,
YongminKwon

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yongminkwon,

Thank you for the quick response.

We need to close this thread since the model of the network card is different from the one listed on the other thread and it is the one having issues.

We will continue to assist you on the other thread.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos