Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

X550-T2 MTU

WChan5
Beginner

Dear Sir

The X550-T2 NIC mentioned the maximum jumbo frame is 15.5K, however I was not able to enable 15.5K MTU in Ubuntu Linux, attachment is my screen shot, could you please tell me the instruction to enable 15.5 K MTU in Ubuntu Linux? thanks. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I hope you're having a wonderful day. For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. Are you using an onboard X550-T2?
  3. If you are using a PCIe X550-T2 can you send a picture on both sides for us to check the markings?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
WChan5
Beginner

Dear Sir

I install PCIe X550 T2 NIC on Ubuntu 18.04, kernel 4.15.0-29,  this Jumbo frame limitation occurs in the onboard X550 as well, I work form home this week, and will provide the snapshot couple days later, thanks.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

Thank you so much for the update. This is noted, I will wait for your next update with the details that we requested.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
WChan5
Beginner

Dear Michael

My colleague sent me the pictures of the X550, please refer to attachment, thanks for your support.

Best regards,

WChan5

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

Thank you for providing the pictures of the product, however I don't have your OS version yet and can you provide the link of the latest driver that you are using?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
WChan5
Beginner

Hi Michael

We use the built-in  ixgbe driver in Ubuntu 18.04, kernel 4.15.0, thanks.

Best regards,

WChan5

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

Thank you for the update. Can you try this latest driver from our website and check if there will be some changes or improvements?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/14687/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCIe-Intel-10-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Connections-under-Linux-

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just checking if you already tried loading the driver that we provided.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. Before we close this thread, let me also add that Modifying the MTU size of Intel® Network Adapter is dependent on the connecting equipment configuration. Please contact the equipment provider to confirm if matching the MTU frame size is required.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WChan5,

I am just sending another follow up hoping that you already contacted the manufacturer equipment for further assistance. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos