Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

X550-T2, Wake up problem on Windows 7 SP1

ls1
Beginner

Hello!

My PC will often get black screen after wake up, since I installed the Intel X550-T2 NIC.

The MB is ASUS Z77/Pro

If anyone could help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Lunary,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. Does this issue occur when the PC is awoken using wake-on-lan only, or any time it is awoken from sleep? Are you using the 64 bit version of windows 7? To give us a better idea of the drivers and configurations for the adapter please provide https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility logs. This will not collect any personal information.
  • Download and run the .exe from the link above
  • Check "everything" then click "scan"
  • When scan is finished click "next"
  • Save the log and attach it to a post

The https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008490/software/software-applications.html FAQs have additional information about this utility. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
ls1
Beginner

Hello Daniel D,

I'm using Windows 7 Professional X64 with SP1.

This issue occured when I wake the PC up by keyboard, not WOL(I didn't use that.).

Thank you for reply, and I will try the SSU later.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lunary,

Thank you for the reply. When you notice the black screen does the monitor remain in standby, or does it turn on, but display a black screen? Do you have to reboot to resolve the black screen? Please attach the SSU logs when available. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lunary,

Thank you for providing the SSU log through web portal.

• Please let me know when you encounter a black screen is the monitor displaying a black screen or on standby?
  • Do you encounter the issue each time the computer is awoken, or intermittently?
  • How do you get the display to go back to normal? Does the computer require a reboot?
  • Was the graphics card moved to another PCIe slot to install the Ethernet adapter?
  • Please double check that the graphics card and video cable are fully inserted, and were not knocked out of place during installation of the X550-T2 adapter.
  • If you were to remove the X550-T2, would the display function normally? Please test this?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lunary,

Please let us know if you are running into any issues with the troubleshooting. If you resolved the issue on your own please inform us. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
ls1
Beginner

Hello Daniel D,

I was busy in these days, sorry for that.

I tried to suspend the 82579V NIC on board, and the problem seems been solved now.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lunary,

Thank you for the update. Let us know if you have any other issues.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
ls1
Beginner

Hi, Daniel D

The issues has been solved now. Everything goes on well..

Thank you for your help so far.

Wish you happy everyday!

Lunary.

0 Kudos