Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

X710 Adjusting TLV on embedded LLDP agent

RFren5
Beginner

Hi, I'm looking for a way to alter the TLV's on the X710 embedded LLDP agent using a Linux system.

My preferred approach would be to use the Admin Queue to control the X710.

Using the Admin Queue without the need of writing the buffer works great, for example "Get LLDP MIB Response":

echo 'send indirect aq_cmd 0 2560 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0' > /sys/kernel/debug/i40e/0000\:03\:00.0/command

cat /dev/kmsg

"Update LLDP TLV Command" can be used to change the TLV data.

echo 'send indirect aq_cmd 0 2563 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0' > /sys/kernel/debug/i40e/0000\:03\:00.0/command

This commands uses an indirect buffer for TLV data, but I couldn't find any provision in the i40e driver to write buffer data.

Do I need to patch the i40e kernel module to accomplish this, or is there another solution ?

Regards,

Remi

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Remi, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. We will check your query and give you an update once there is any findings. Hoping for your patience. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Remi, Thank you for the patience on this mater. You may post on Sourceforge community (https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/) to get an assistance as this involves modification of the driver. In case you do not prefer posting on the link above, please let us know so that we can further assist you. Looking forward hear from you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Remi, Please let us know if you were able to post on sourceforge. In case you do not prefer posting on sourceforge, kindly inform us so that we can further assist you. Your prompt reply is highly appreciated. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Remi, We'd like to check if you need further assistance on this matter. If you do, please do not hesitate to ask. Your prompt reply is highly appreciated. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos