Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

X710 DA4 Ports 1 and 2 missing in PROset software

JMcLa12
Beginner
Hello all,

I have a X710 DA4 that works beautifully! I am currently only using port 1 with an 850nm SFP+ to connect back to my switch. I would like to set up a LAG (or Team) with all 4 ports back to my switch. Windows sees all 4 ports just fine. But when I open the PROset configuration tool it only lists port 3 and 4. I have the latest NVM (8.15) flashed and the latest drivers (25.6). Anyone else had this issue?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Jmcla12,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We are sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your network adapter.

To better assist you, we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. We would like to ask your help to provide System Support Utility Logs (SSU) from your system. You may download the software from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility. Please download the software which is applicable to the Operating system that you are running on your system. Once you have downloaded it, kindly run it and you will have the option to save the logs to a text file. Please attach the text file on your reply to this email.

Have you changed the link type of the network card using our Intel® Ethernet Port Configuration Tool (EPCT)? If you haven’t please try to download this application, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28931/Intel-Ethernet-Port-Configuration-Tool-All-Supported-OSs-. Then after downloading run the program and enter this command “ epct -nic=X -get” X will depend on the number of your NIC. You can determine this by running this command “epct -devices branding” first.

Are you using breakout cables? If yes, may we know the brand and model?

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JMcLa12
Beginner

Attached is my system configuration.

I was unable to figure the EPCT. It appears to be some sort of command line based application and I'm not really familiar with those.  This is why use the GUI to configure my Ethernet adapter.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Jmcla12,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

While checking the logs, we noticed that the Part number of the X710 was not captured. With this, will you be able to check the card or the box of the card physically and provide the Part number? It consists of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. This will allow us to identify if you are using a Retail or an OEM version of Intel Ethernet adapter. 

You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA. 

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Please also let us know if the card has been tested on a different Operating System. This will help us in further investigating the issue.

Awaiting to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Jmcla12,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JMcLa12
Beginner
What information do you need? I attached the system log!
0 Kudos
JMcLa12
Beginner
I see the post asking for the part number. I can’t take the box down to get that information. So if that’s the only solution then it sounds like there’s no solution.
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi JMcLa12,

Thank you for your response.

We understand why you reacted in that way after reading our last message. We are deeply sorry if you got a wrong impression regarding the information that we have asked.

The reason why my colleague is asking for that information is we are checking if the card is an Intel retail version, since if this is a third-party assembled card with Intel ethernet controller, their default settings regarding the ports may differ and our program for configuring the setup of the ports Intel® Ethernet Port Configuration Tool (EPCT) may not work. If that is the case, we may refer you to the manufacturer of the card as they may have their own port configuration tool.

We would appreciate your cooperation if you can provide the part number of the card, you may use this link as a reference, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html. Now, if it is possible for you to get the PBA number, please let us know so we can find other options.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

We look forward to hearing from you. Should we not hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days so we can timely address your concern.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Jmcla12,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.  Please also let us know if it is inconvenient for you, to get the information that we need, so we can proceed accordingly.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Jmcla12, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos