Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

X710 NIC throughput issues after 24 hours after auto-negotiation

RBeer5
Beginner

I have a few X710 NIC that after upgrading to the latest firmware they start to exhibit throughput issues after roughly 24 hours. We resolve the issue by flapping the port which resolves the issue for another 24 hours.

We have many of these devices in a Dell M1000e M630 blade servers and the only two servers with the issue have the latest firmware:

ethtool -i em1 driver: i40e version: 2.9.21 firmware-version: 7.10 0x800051a0 19.0.12 expansion-rom-version: bus-info: 0000:01:00.0 supports-statistics: yes supports-test: yes supports-eeprom-access: yes supports-register-dump: yes supports-priv-flags: yes

The firmware and driver are those available via Dell.

As this is a blade server and there is a pass-through module I am unable to switch off auto-neg on the network card.

With this firmware release I am not able to roll back to an earlier version which I know works without issue.

Can anyone help identify the issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello RBeer5,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the following information for us to check on your request.

1.) PBA number of the adapter. This would help us identify if you are using a Retail or OEM version of Intel Ethernet adapter. Please refer to the link below on where to find the markings.

Product Label Description for Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007060/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html 

2.) Please share the OS and kernel version details.

3.) Please share more details of the throughput issue encountered.

4.) What is the firmware version prior to update?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello RBeer5,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to check on your query. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Awaiting to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SRBeer5,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

Have a lovely day! 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos