Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

X710 Unable to disable TCP Checksum Offload

TColq
Beginner

I'm trying to troubleshoot problems with my Veeam server. One of the troubleshooting tips is to disable TCP Checksum Offload. When I try to disable and then choose Ok to close the X710 properties box I get an Error "SetSetting failed" This is a Server 2016 box, and to be more specific, I'm trying to disable the following settings.

• IPv4 Checksum Offload
  • Large Receive Offload
  • Large Send Offload
  • TCP Checksum Offload

But as stated, when I choose OK, then OK to the close the Properties box i get the SetSetting failed error several times.X710

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi tcolquette,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Communities.

In order for us to better assist you, please provide additional information regarding your setup.

1. Markings of the X710. This can be found in the white sticker on the physical Network Adapter.

2. Driver version loaded

3. Result of the diagnostics test. The "Diagnostics" is located in the "Link Speed" tab of the X710 properties.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
TColq
Beginner

Unfortunately, I do not have physical access to it as it's in another office. It is direct iSCSI connected to a ESXi host via IP Address with no gateway so the Diagnostics are unable to see any DNS, Gateway, DHCP, etc. There is 1ms reply on pinging out that port to the direct connected port. The x710 is running driver 23.2.0.1006. I was able to run a Powershell command to disable the TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4), but not any of the other needed options.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi tcolquette,

Please share the Powershell command used to turn off the other needed options. Have you tried the RegistryKeyword below?

Adapter option RegistryKeyword

Checksum Offload for IPv4 *IPChecksumOffloadIPv4

Large send offload for IPv4 *LsoV2IPv4

Receive segment coalescing for IPv4 *RscIPv4

Best regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi tcolquette,

Please let us know if you were able to modify the options based on the provided Registry keywords.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi tcolquette,

Please let us know if you still need assistance regarding your issue. If the X710 is integrated to your system, you may also get in touch with the computer manufacturer for further support.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi tcolquette,

We'd like to check if you have other assistance needed from Intel Wired Communities. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos