Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4871 Discussions

X710 issue of PCIe pass-through DPDK 16.11

xxiao7
Beginner

Hello

We are using following device on a HP RMS server.

b0:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 01)

b0:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 01)

We bind the two ethernet ports to a virtual machine with PCIe pass-through mode. Then in the VM, we use DPDK to rx/tx packets over them.

However, we only can tx packets out, but failed to rx any packets.

What's the possible matter? Is this PCIe pass-through + DPDK 16.11 mode can not work with X710 (i40e driver)? In the past, this mode works with Intel 82599 chip.

Now we did not change the mode, and the application code we used to configure port/queue of X710 is just exactly the same as the one we used to configure 82599 port.

That's to say, same working way, same application code, we just replaced our NIC cards then it works well for 82599 (driver ixgbe), but not work for X710.

Can you suggest how to solve this issue? Following is the driver info of i40e we used.

driver: i40e

version: 1.6.27-k

firmware-version: 5.60 0x800033b0 1.1752.0

expansion-rom-version:

bus-info: 0000:00:0e.0

supports-statistics: yes

supports-test: yes

supports-eeprom-access: yes

supports-register-dump: yes

supports-priv-flags: yes

What else information do you need so that you can help to identify the issue? Thanks.

Xiao Xiaohong from Nokia

My mail: mailto:xiaohong.xiao@nokia-sbell.com xiaohong.xiao@nokia-sbell.com

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi Xiaoxiaohong,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. With regards to Intel® DPDK questions and technical problems including Ethernet* Controllers, you may report through the Intel® Premier Support site at http://premier.intel.com/premier http://premier.intel.com/premier or access your IBL account and click

the Intel® Premier Support link to enter issues under the Product Name

"Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)", your inquiry will be routed to our support team.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos