Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

X722-DA2 Teaming on Windows 10 1909

mys_721tx
Beginner

Hello all,

I was trying to set up link aggregation for X722-DA2 on Windows 10 1909 with Driver 25.1. Since X722 is not supported by PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility, I followed the instruction from How to Set up Teaming with an Intel® Ethernet Adapter in Windows® 10 1809?.

However, it seems that the card is not supported as see from the PowerShell log below.

New-IntelNetTeam -TeamMemberNames "Intel(R) Ethernet Network Adapter X722-2","Intel(R) Ethernet Network Adapter X722-2 #2" -TeamMode IEEE802_3adDynamicLinkAggregation -TeamName "bond0" New-IntelNetTeam : Each team must include at least one Intel server device or Intel integrated connection that supports teaming. At line:1 char:1 + New-IntelNetTeam -TeamMemberNames 'Intel(R) Ethernet Network Adapter ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [New-IntelNetTeam], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Exception,Intel.Network.Team.NewIntelNetTeam

Has anyone had any luck setting up link aggregation on Windows 10?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to check on your query. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter.

Can you please visit the link below and confirm if it helps on your problem.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/netswitchteam/new-netswitchteam?view=win10-ps

Sharing the How-to Video: Create Teams in Windows® 10 using PowerShell* for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056182/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mys_721tx
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

I am able to create such team. However, there is no documentation from Microsoft regarding 802.3ad compatibility. Is this a switch independent team then?

Best,

mys_721tx

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

Thank you for the reply.

Please give me time to confirm your question. I will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

We hope you don't mind providing below details for some clarifications.

1. Have you tried using Adapter Configuration Utility (ACU) to create the team. There should be a teaming tab in the ACU GUI. Is the X722-DA2 not appearing in that tab?

2. X722-DA2 has full support in Windows 10 based on the site below, so it should work.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

3. Please share the PBA and serial number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

4. The command found in this site is the alternate way to create teaming in Windows.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/netlbfo/new-netlbfoteam?view=win10-ps

5. SW 25.1.1 will be available next week. You may consider trying this to check if you can successfully create Teams.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mys_721tx
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

Unfortunately, PROSet UAC does not support X722. X722 also does not support ANS teaming. LBFO teaming is also not supported on Windows client SKU. I will take a photo of the NIC shortly.

Best,

mys_721tx

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

Thank you for the reply.

We will be waiting for the photo of the NIC. Sharing screenshots from PROset ACU as well would be highly appreciated.

Awaiting to hear an update from you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the additional information that we requested for us to continue checking on your request. In case you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

We hope to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello mys_721tx,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

May you have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos