Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

XL710-BM1 NVM Recovery Mode

Rick_Altera
Beginner

I had a problem when I updated XL710-BM1 NVM with firmware XL710_8p40_KR_KR4_NCSI_CFGID2p0_Single.

There is a XL710-BM1 on my PCIe card.  The XL710 connects with external ethernet 40G port by backplane KR4. After updating NVM and reboot, the XL710 entered recovery mode.

I tried all NVM BIN files in 700 series V8.40 nvm update package, but only three  bin files can make XL710 startup without recovery mode. The three bin files are  XL710QDA2_8p40_CFGID4p5_K15190, XL710QDA2_8p40_CFGID4p5_OEMGEN, XL710QDA2_8p40_CFGID4p5_OEMGEN.

I want to figure out the reason that XL710-BM1 enter recovery mode and what should be concerned when updating NVM.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello Rick_Altera,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

We are sorry to hear about this problem that you encountered. Before we could proceed further with your inquiry, we hope you don't mind if you could provide us front and rear photo of the adapter so we could validate your adapter.

Let us know if you have questions or clarifications. We will reach out again after 3 business days if we do not receive an update from you.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello Rick_Altera,

Greetings.

We are following up on the information we requested from you. If you have questions or need clarifications, feel free to let us know. We will reach out again after 3 business days should we not receive a response from you.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello Rick_Altera,

Good day.

We are following up on your inquiry for this thread. Since we haven't received a response from you in a few days, this thread will now be closed. Feel free to post a new question in the forums if you have additional inquiries as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos