Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4875 Discussions

XL710 VF driver can reply to ARP request but cannot reply to ICMP's

jliu85
Beginner

We try to write a XL710 VF driver simply,and test it by using ping command form PF to VF.

Now the VF driver can receive the ARP request and can reply it successfully, and the VF can also receive the ICMP request,and the reply data seems to put into the transmit buffer.

But in the PF, we cannot catch any reply data.

The ARP request can be reply that is to say the VF driver works normally, does it correctly? At least, it shows that the receive part and transmit part are correct.

Things that I want to know is what registers are relative to this issues, or any ideas about this issues?

Thanks & regards!

Animy.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
HXie3
Novice

Hi Sandy,

I modified the Linux kernel driver of PF, to set DIS_AUTOMASK_N flag in the GLINT_CTL, then it works. every packet received can trigger the WB. Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Haifeng

0 Kudos
jliu85
Beginner

Hi Haifeng,

Congratulations to solved this problem.

And I met the similiar issues to you.

And I have set the DIS_AUTOMASK_N_MASK in I40E_GLINT_CTL in Linux driver( i40e_vsi_configure_msix of i40e_main.c),and it doesn't work.

Could you tell me the details you modified, and does the latency still exist?

Regards,

Animy

0 Kudos
cphil4
Beginner

Hi. I've also developed a polling VF driver and I'm also seeing this 4-descriptor problem. I'm confused by the description in the latest XL710 Datasheet to workaround it. Since you appear to have found a fix, I'm wondering if you can help me. Specifically the datasheet says:

8.3.3.1.4.2:

Enable interrupts internally in the QINT_RQCTL register of the queue and map it to an MSI-X interrupt that is guaranteed to be inactive by the operating system....

The QINT_RQCTL register is in the PF, but the queue involved is obviously in my VF, so it's not clear to me that there IS a QINT_RQCTL register associated with my queue. Do you know what the answer is? Could you send me the details of your fix that worked?

Regards,

Clive

0 Kudos