We designed a 10GBASE-T board with XL710 and X557-AT2. Our block diagram is below.
- After writing NVMs, we connected our board and intel 10GBASE-T board with CAT6e 3m cable. But we could not see any connection.
Board and situation information:
- We are testing this board on Windows 10.
- we can reach and update the NVM of XL710.
- We are using XL710_6p01_BASET_X557_NCSI_CFGID10p01_Quad.bin file that is inside the 23.1 driver package as a XL710 NVM image.
- We are using v2.B.9.A_VER380_021_FVL_XFI_SGMII_3_Speed_No_Swap_Startup_LineOff_SerDesOff_X557_AT4_B1_070916.bin file that is inside the 23.1 driver package as a X557-AT2 NVM image.
So our questions;
- First of all can we use XL710 with two X557-AT2? Because your X710-T4 network adapter have one xl710 and one X557-AT4.
- Second question is related to the NVM's image files. As i said above
- we are using XL710_6p01_BASET_X557_NCSI_CFGID10p01_Quad.bin file for the XL710. Is this file true?
- Do we need to write any NVM image to X557-AT2's flash? Because in datasheet of the X557 says that default interface of the chip is KR.
- If we should write image file to the X557, which file we should use? We can find only v2.B.9.A_VER380_021_FVL_XFI_SGMII_3_Speed_No_Swap_Startup_LineOff_SerDesOff_X557_AT4_B1_070916.bin. Bu i think it is for the X557-AT4. We are using X557-AT2
Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. For design and embedded components inquiry, you may post at our embedded support at https://embedded.communities.intel.com/community/en.