Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

XL710 stuck in 4x10G breakout mode

jvallabh
Beginner

jvallabh_0-1636556365531.png

Hi, 

I have already referred what's on this thread:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/XL710-stuck-in-4x10G-breakout-mode/m-p/1281079

I have tried with both the qcu64e and the epct64e tool and both of them show only the three modes i.e.

4x10G

2x2x10A

2x2x10B

Please help

@Mike_Intel 

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Since we have exhausted all the necessary troubleshooting steps for your network adapter and the issue is still apparent, we will consider this adapter as faulty.

We will be replacing your XL710-QDA2 (XL710QDA2BLK) as it could not be set to 2x40G mode anymore. We will be sending you an email instead on where we will be gathering your personal information as well the instructions on how we will be replacing your unit. Please do await our email.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

We still haven't gotten a response from you via email for your personal information. Please check the email that we have sent and provide us the information that we are asking so we can begin processing your replacement. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

We are writing to follow up with you.

We still haven't gotten a response from you via email for your personal information. Please check the email that we have sent and provide us the information that we are asking so we can begin processing your replacement. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

We still haven't gotten a response from you via email for your personal information. Please check the email that we have sent and provide us the information that we are asking so we can begin processing your replacement. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3-4 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

Thank you for responding on the email that we have sent, we also have sent a follow a response on the follow up inquiry regarding "if we have any tool that can reliably change the modes on the NIC"

In case that you have missed or haven't yet read our mail this is would be the content.

As per checking, the tool we only have is the Ethernet Port Configuration Tool (EPCT) which you have previously used. This is designed to change the port modes for 700 and 800 series adapters as long the they are working properly.

For the second adapter with same issue, please check if you have already updated it to the latest NVM 26.8 and Linux driver 2.17.15 as it is highly recommended to have the latest NVM and driver for the EPCT to work.

Intel® Ethernet Connections Boot Utility, Preboot Images, and EFI Drivers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15755/intel-ethernet-connections-boot-utility-preboot-images-and-efi-drivers.html

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for PCIe* 40 Gigabit Ethernet Network Connections under Linux*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18026/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-pcie-40-gigabit-ethernet-network-connections-under-linux.html

If it still does not work, we will replace both adapters. 

Also please provide us both the part number and serial number of the 2 affected NIC's that you are reporting as well in case that we will need to replace both adapters. 

If you have questions or clarifications please advise us so we can further help.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

We would like to know if our previous recommendation was able to solve the issue that you are getting for both adapters. If not, please provide us the part number and serial number of the 2 affected NIC's that you are reporting so we can have them replaced. 

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello jvallabh,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos