Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

XXV710-DA2 and Z590 chipset

lopess1971
Beginner

Hello

I try to boot my network card on a motherboard with Intel Z590 chipset, but unfortunately it does not work. I tried on two motherboards - MSI Z590ACE and Asrock Z590Taichi, but the result is the same. In both cases the computer is unable to start - A2 error. On a motherboard with the Z490 chipset (MSI Z490ACE) it boots without any problems. I have three Intel XXV710-DA2 cards and one DELL XXV710-DA2. The result is the same in all cases. The latest firmware is loaded in the cards. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your query.

1. Just to confirm, whenever you are installing the XXV710-DA2 on MSI Z590ACE and Asrock Z90Taichi, the A2 error occurs? Do you encounter the same error on your 4 units of XXV710-DA2 when installed on any of the motherboards(Z590) above?

2. Have you tried checking with motherboard manufacturers if the XXV710-DA2 is validated/compatible with their boards?

3. Will you be able to provide us clear front and back photos of the card? This would help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. We will be sending an email for your to attach the photos of the card to avoid exposing confidential information. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
lopess1971
Beginner

Hello

1) Yes - A2 error occurs in both motherboards with Z590 chipset - Asrock and MSI and on my all 4 ethernet cards.
2) Yes - I contacted with MSI and Asrock technical support, but they can't help me - they suggest me contact with intel support
3) I sent photos of my cards in  email.
All cards are functional. They work on my other Z490 computers without any problems, but don't want to run on Z590 boards. I don't know what this incompatibility is due to. Is it possible for you to check the compatibility of this card with any motherboard model with the Z590 chipset? Maybe you could then check what the problem is, and maybe through firmware updates it could be eliminated.
Best regards
0 Kudos
lopess1971
Beginner

Update:

MSI Z590ACE and Asrock Z590Taichi have 3 slots x16. Two slots from CPU and one from chipset.

XXV710 properly start in PCIE slot from chipset. But it's only Gen3x4. Gen3x8 I can only get in slots controlled by CPU. I tried manually set on this slots Gen3x8, but it didn't help.

As I mentioned earlier, I do not have such a problem on boards with the Z490 chipset - XXV710 works on all slots without problems.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Thank you for providing the information requested.

Please allow us to further check on this request. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Just to confirm, does the XXV710-DA2T adapter card is working well as long as it is installed on one of the X16 slot which is managed by the chipset on the 2 motherboards?

MSI Z590ACE and Asrock Z590Taichi have 3 slots x16. Two slots from CPU and one from chipset. XXV710 properly start in PCIE slot from chipset. But it's only Gen3x4. Gen3x8 I can only get in slots controlled by CPU. I tried manually set on this slots Gen3x8, but it didn't help.

Can you try booting up the motherboard while the XXV710-DA2T adapter is installed on X16 slot which is controlled by CPU without any hard drives or storage installed? Like booting the motherboard with basic components only including one ethernet adapter to check if issue still occurs?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
lopess1971
Beginner

Hello,

my cards are XXV710-DA2, not XXV710-DA2T.

All my four cards work fine in x16 slot managed by the Z590 chipset (Asrock and MSI as well). But electrically it's only x4 slot, not x8 as XXV710 requires. On these motherboards  x8 electrically there are only two CPU managed slots. When the card is in a CPU-managed slot (on boards with the Z590 chipset), the computer does not start (hangs). I also tried after disconnecting all other devices (only CPU and RAM installed, no additional graphics card). I also tried various settings in the BIOS, e.g. forcing Gen3, Gen2 or Gen1. The result is always the same - the computer freezes during POST (you can't even enter the BIOS setup). there are no such problems on boards with the Z490 chipset - the computer starts when XXV710 is in any slot (both CPU-managed and chipset-managed). I have two MSI Z490ACE motherboards where everything works without any problems. I also have two pieces of MSI Z590ACE, which are the direct successors of the Z490ACE and there, despite the same BIOS settings, the cards do not start (identical situation on the Asrock Z590 Taichi). All motherboards have installed the same CPU - Intel11900K, and the same type and amount RAM - 2x32GB Kingston Renegade (both Z490 boards, which work fine, and z590 boards, where the problem occurs). I've also tried with other RAMs, with RAMs in other slots, with only one RAM module, etc - the result is always the same.

Z590 is an Intel chipset, xxv710 is an Intel card, 11900k is an Intel cpu, so? who should know something about it, will these 3 elements work together if not INTEL corporation? and who is able to check all these elements works together? I think - INTEL

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the confusion as we mistakenly used XXV710-DA2T. 

Please allow us to re-escalate this request to our engineers for further checking. We will give you an update as soon as we heard from them but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please be informed that this request is best to be supported by embedded chipset team because the issue only happens when the Intel ethernet adapter is installed on electrically x8 slot managed by processor (on a Z590 chipset based motherboards). As the processor manages the PCIe, we will move this thread to Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors - Intel Communities for further assistance.

We'd like to set your expectation as well that it will only be a best effort support because the motherboard manufacturers still have their own specifications and configurations hence they will be the best source of support.

We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Caguicla_Intel:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 is not an Ethernet Controller, as you may confirm on the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/95260/intel-ethernet-network-adapter-xxv710da2.html

By the way, the Intel® Z590 Chipset is a non-embedded device, as you may confirm on the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196612/intel-z590-chipset.html 

You should consider these situations to transfer properly to this forum.

Best  regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience caused on this matter.

We have reopened this request and re-escalated to our engineers. Please see below information for their feedback and kindly provide the requested details so we can further check. 

You mentioned that you only encounter the issue when the adapter card is installed on the PCIe slot managed by the processor. 

For this PCIe slot, have you tried installing any other Hardware in the slot besides the Network Adapter? Is the result the same?

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
lopess1971
Beginner

It's only Intel XXV710 problem. Other hardware I tried works without problems in all slots - for example graphic card, or networks adapters from other vendors.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Thank you for the swift response.

Please allow us to forward your confirmation that the issue only happens on Intel XXV710.  We will get back to you once we heard from our engineers but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Good day!

We'd like to inform you that we are still checking on this matter with our higher level engineers. Rest assured that we will give you an update once we heard from them but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

I hope you're doing good!

Please be advised that this request is still escalated to our engineers. Once we received an update from them, we will relay it to you. 

Please expect another update no later than 3 business days. 

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Good day!

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter as we are still thoroughly checking on this with our engineer. Please give us more time to look into this. Rest assured that we will update you as soon as there is any findings but not later than 3 business days.

Thank you for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

How are you doing? I hope this message finds you well!

Please be informed that this request is still currently being attended by our engineers. Rest assured that we will let you know as soon as we heard from them. Please expect another update no later than 3 business days. 

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Good day!

We'd like to inform you that we are still actively working on this issue with our higher level Engineers. We understand than this is taking longer that you expect and rest assured that we are doing our best to sort this out as soon as possible. We will keep you posted and get back to you within 2-3 business days.

Thank you for the patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Please accept our apologies for the delay on this matter.

Our engineers are still checking on this one and we ask for your kind cooperation to give us more time with investigation. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as we heard from them but no later than 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Good day!

Please be informed that we are still actively working on this issue for you with our higher level Engineers to sort this out as soon as possible. We highly appreciate your patience on this matter. 

Please expect another update for the status of this request no later than 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello lopess1971,

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused on this matter. 

This request is still under investigation by our engineers. We will give you an update once we heard feedback from them. Please expect another message regarding the status of this request within 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos