Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

XXV710 Interoperability with Cisco AOC

idata
Employee

How do I determine if the XVV710 is compatible with the Cisco sfp-25g-aoc10m cable? The following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023708/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Compatible SFP28 Modules, SFP Modules, and Cables for Intel® Ethernet...

says "Any SFP28 passive or active limiting direct attach copper cable that complies with the SFF-8431 v4.1 and SFF-8472 v10.4 specifications is compatible. We participate in testing with other members of the Ethernet Alliance to make sure there's interoperability between cables and host ports that meet these specifications." That doesn't really address the Cisco AOC cables.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Six3,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Please share additional information below for us to better check:

1) Just to double check if this is the Cisco cable model you refer here? If not, please provide a link which feature the cable you mentioned.

Cisco 25GBASE-AOC SFP28 Active Optical Cable, 10-meter (Product number

SFP-25G-AOC10M)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/datasheet-c78-736950.html

2)What is the problem encountered when you try connecting this cable to our XXV710 NIC?

3) How did you perform the interoperability test?

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sharon,

1) Yes, that is the correct part number.

2) We haven't yet purchased the Intel XXV710 card or the Cisco SFP-25G-AOC10M cable. I am trying to ascertain whether that combination is qualified to work before I spend the money to buy them

Thanks,

Six3

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Six3,

Thank you for the information. I will further check for you.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Six3,

We have not tested this specific cable but based on the 8472 standard it should work. Is there any chance to check with your cable vendor if they can provide the cable for testing?

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Six3,

Please feel free to provide updates. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos