Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

XXV710 low bandwidth

RTSadmin
Beginner

Recently we installed many original Intel XXV710 network controllers in our environment. All hardware servers are Supermicro different models of X10 and X11 generations. All servers run under MS Windows Server 2016/2019. The problem is limited bandwidth about 2,5Gbit/s although the connection set to 10Gbit/s. The graph of speed is very stable, without ups and downs, but no QoS settings are used. Tried different protocols - SMB, iPerf, Hyper-V LiveMigration. Tried both direct connection and through 10G Ethernet switch. Tried different models of DAC.
All Supermicro motherboards have the latest BIOS firmware.
All Intel XXV710 NICs have the latest NVM version 8.5 (tried with default 6.01 as well with no luck).
The latest Intel drivers v1.16.62.0 from 26.6 package are installed.

Can you provide me with checklist of features and settings those can cause the low bandwidth?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to make sure first if you are using a discreet network adapter for your set up, please provide us a photo of the markings for both the front and the back of the Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 that you are using for us to check if this is a genuine card or a 3rd party. 

Please refer to this link as a reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

We would also like to share you one of our articles that could help for the low bandwidth performance that you are experiencing, Please check our "Tuning Throughput Performance for Intel® Ethernet Adapters" article and see if this could help out boost the performance of your network card, if not please do advise us.  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005811/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
RTSadmin
Beginner

Hello, Zig_M_Intel

Thanks for the links provided above. I reached the 9-9,5Gbit/s speed on some of XXV710 NICs, but it's only 50% of success - the speed is not synchronous, i.e. I can copy data from server A to server B on full speed while copy data in opposite direction is still very slow. The settings of both NICs are identical. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

Thank you for responding and for advising us. Can we ask for you to provide us a photo of the markings for both the front and the back of the NIC's XXV710 that you are using for us to check if this is a genuine Intel card or a 3rd party. 

Please refer to this link as a reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

If your not using any discreet NIC please provide us the exact model of the mother board that you are using instead so we can check. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
RTSadmin
Beginner

Hello,

Please find attached the foto of both sides of NIC.  I believe it's genuine Intel device.

IntelNIC.jpg

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

Thank you very much for responding and for providing the information that we have asked. 

Please provide us some time to check this so we can provide you our recommended action. Would it be ok if you can provide us 2-3 business days for this? Once we have all the information that we need, we will notify you immediately instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

We would like to clarify some few things to better understand your situation.

Since you mentioned that you are now getting 9-9.5Gbit/s speed on some of XXV710 NICs, but it's only 50% of success. What do you mean that you are only getting 50% success?

Are you getting this on the same card which the issue comes back again or it did successfully work on some cards but totally not on the other cards?

Can we ask how many cards are affected on this?

Can we also request for you to try changing both buffers to 1024 or 2048 in adapter settings and check if it will improve the connection.

If this still does not work, please provide us the SSU's (System Support Utility) of the card with 9-9.5Gbit/s speed and with 2.5Gbit/s.

Please perform a detailed scan of your system using Intel® System Support Utility using the steps below:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. You can post your SSU on the thread.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello RTSadmin,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos