Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

cannot team pro/1000 pt dual port network connection 9.13.41.3 Windows 10 pro 64

TSoli
Beginner

Cannot team the PRO/1000 PT dual ports using Windows 10 PRO 64 bit. Tried 23_1 and still will not team.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Tjsolimeo,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. PRO 1000 PT dual port adapter only has the driver for you to install the network adapter in Windows 10 but no PROSet software to configure the teaming.

You may refer to this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020905/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html, PT dual port server adapter does not have "Full Support" driver which means when you installed the network adapter in Windows 10, there is no PROSet software installed for you to configure the teaming.

Hope the above information clarified.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
TSoli
Beginner

Sharon,

I have used PROWinx64.exe 23.1. It allows the team to be setup, but will not enable the PRO/100 dual port card. The motherboard I219-V port enables correctly.

Thank you for your assistance,

Tom Solimeo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tjsolimeo,

Thank you for the update. Just to clarify your current setup now, are you teaming the I219-V with PRO 1000 PT dual port server adapter? So the team is successfully setup but only I219-V is active or enabled while the PT dual port server adapter is in disabled state?

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tjsolimeo,

What is the teaming mode you configured? Is the I219-V in "active" mode while PRO/1000 PT dual port in "standby" mode or in "disabled" mode. Please feel free to update me. Thank you.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
TSoli
Beginner

All 3 adapters become inactive

I have tried ALB and SLA. Both fail. As soon as I remove the team, my internet connection is enabled. Driver for dual port is ver 9.13.41.3 9/29/2011. Driver for I219 is ver 9.9.0.55 5/10/2017.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tjsolimeo,

Thank you for the information. Teaming is supported when one of the network adapter in the team is server adapter which in your case is the PRO 1000 PT Dual port server adapter. The I219-V is an ethernet controller for desktop board. In your case, the server adapter (PRO 1000 PT Dual port) should be the one to initiate the teaming however since PRO 1000 PT dual port does not have official teaming driver in Windows 10, even though you can create the team the network adapters will not be active due to the lack of teaming drivers for PRO 1000 PT Dual port in Windows 10. Hope this clarified.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tjsolimeo,

Please feel free to update me if you have further inquiries.Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
TSoli
Beginner

Thanks for the response. Doesn't seem like there is a current solution. Please send update if/when MS decides to support the teaming. I'll see what MS has to say.

Thanks again , Sharon T.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tjsolimeo,

Thank you for the reply. In case there is update from Microsoft, will post it here. Thanks again for your time on this matter.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos