Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

check version of e1q5132.sys

idata
Employee

Is there a check/debug version of the e1q5132.sys driver (from the PROXP.exe package), which outputs additional information to the Window's debugger? I'm currently running e1a5132.sys (version 11.1.6.0 ) from the PROXP.exe (file version of 2.11.15.0) package. I do see some debug information in the Windows debugger when PROXP.exe is being installed, It's mainly path information of the extracted package. I'm looking for additional debug information that can aid in my driver development.

Some brief background-

I'm working on a Windows version of the PCI Pass Through driver for Xen based VMs, which will be given back to the open source community in the same format as the existing Windows PV drivers. The PCI Pass Through driver that I'm working on has the equivalent functionality as found in the Linux DomU driver pvops, i.e. it can read and write the PCI configuration space of the PCI device being pass through.

Setup info -

Both Dom0 and DomU are being hosted in a box (Nehalem processors), which supports VT-d. Dom0 is running Xen 3.4.2 and DomU is running Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2. Dom0 is setup correctly to pass through the PCI device; Intel 82576 Gigabit Dual Port card. This has been verified by disabling the Windows PV drivers on DomU and installing the PROXP.exe package. The NIC card functions correctly.

When running with the PV drivers enabled and the PV PCI Pass through driver the PROXP.exe package detects the Intel 82576 Gigabit Dual Port card and installs the package/driver(s). Installation completes successfully, but the device is "yellow !bang-out" in device manager and it's status is "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have verified the resources exposed for the device (memory, IO and IRQ) using pciscope and device manager.

Back to my original question-

I'm looking for some assistance to determine why the device will not start; possibly a debug/check version of the e1q5132.sys driver. Or some registry flags I can turn on from more debug ?

Thanks advance

Bart

0 Kudos
0 Replies