Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

did X710 DA2 adapter with intel multispeed gibic E10GSFPSR support disable auto negotiation and work statically 1G Full Duplex

ylevi1
Beginner

I using X710 DA2 adapter with intel multispeed gibic E10GSFPSR .

when the NIC connected to switch 1G , the nic was synchronized well (auto negotiation) on 1G , but when I try to disable auto negotiation and harded the nic to works 1G full Duplex I receive error massage ( operation unsupported ) . the OS is Centos 7.4.1

for me it is must to works without auto negotiation because the nic need to connect back to back with another server with the same nic and must be 1G full duplex .

I update the driver to the last addition .

please advise 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ylevi1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the markings from the product label and "ethtool -i <interface>", and "ethtool <interface>" outputs. Would you also be able to provide a screenshot of the error? Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Ylevi1, Please inform us if you still need assistance with this issue. If you have any other questions please let us know. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Ylevi1, Please let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos