Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

ethernet adapter I219-v

renanpr
Beginner

Hi, after I update my MSI motherboard BIOS, my intel ethernet adapter I219-V is not working anymore. It shows "error 10". I've tried to uninstall device adapter and reinstall with the driver from intel website but the issue comes back. I've also tried to uninstall and let de system recognize by itself but it didn't work. Could anyone help me? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello renanpr,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Regarding about your concern for your ethernet adapter I219-v, please do the following troubleshooting steps for the "error 10" that you are encountering. 

Follow the steps below to fix the issue: 

(Note: If you have done the other steps already, please use the other steps on the list)

1. Uninstall the device driver and restart the system to check if it may be a driver related

2. Remove any hardware that recently installed installed in the system. There could be a device causing a hardware conflict or compatibility issues

3. Perform a clean installation of drivers. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error.

4. Try a new Cat 6 cable

5. Clear the CMOS battery and check with board manufacturer if the BIOS is already updated to its latest version

6. Try older version of the LAN driver from manufacturer or use the inbox driver from Microsoft. Installing the older drivers for the device might correct the Code 10 error

7. As a last resource, try a repair install of Windows. If this doesn't work, try a clean install of Windows.

8. If the issue still persist after trying out the steps above, contact the manufacturer fo possible RMA

Please take note since this particular ethernet adapter is a 3rd party in which we have limited support, if issue still persists please contact the manufacturer which is MSI. If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello renanpr,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello renanpr,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos