Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

game lags when in a match or if a friend joins my minecraft server

Cylinger
Beginner

My problem is I am experiencing big jumps in lag a random times. It is only noticeable in games and when I start my Minecraft server. When starting my Minecraft server it is fine until a friend joins then it stops my internet for only my computer after a few minutes. I then have to restart my computer to fix this. All my other devices work fine and it only happens with my computer. I have tried unplugging, restarting my router, using a different cable and have tried using WIFI. I have also turned off power management in control panel and have reinstalled the drivers. I have a b550-f wifi motherboard. If you could help I would be very greatful.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Cylinger
Beginner

Here is the scan results.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Perhaps one of the Intel support engineers can help you.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Cylinger,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

You mentioned that you have tried using WIFI. Can you confirm if you are having the same issue or is the issue only specific to I225-V? 

Based on the logs, you using intel driver. Have you tried using the driver provided by your manufacturer as the drivers from Intel page are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

Here is driver Version 1.0.1.4 dated 2020/08/25 from Asus website.

https://www.asus.com/ph/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Sharing the link below for Network Issues with Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V as this might help with the issue encountered.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

For the specifics on how to update the NVM, we highly suggest contacting Asus support as the NVM package will be supplied by your manufacturer. 

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Cylinger
Beginner
I was having the same problem with wifi as well. I was able to make it to where in games I don't experience any lag but when I host my Minecraft server after half an hour or so it would still turn off the internet and I would have to restart my computer. I was able to do this by changing the speed and duplex to 1gbs in device manager. I have tried using the driver from my motherboards driver page. How would I update the NVM? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Cylinger,

Thank you for the reply.

For the specifics on how to update the NVM, we highly suggest contacting Asus support as the NVM package will be supplied by your manufacturer. 

Please see link below for the list of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html

Here is official support site of Asus

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Since the issue is present on both WiFi and Ethernet setup, this could be an issue with your connection or other factor such as Internet, Operating System or hardware itself.  

You mentioned that "All my other devices work fine and it only happens with my computer."

Can you share how many systems are tested and what are the brand and model? Did you also used the same environment while testing the devices?

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive any reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Cylinger,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you read our previous message. If yes, kindly provide the additional information requested for us to continue with the investigation.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Cylinger,

How are you doing? 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos