Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

gigabyte ct desktop adapter

Db3
Beginner

For my old XP box, installed ref'd adapter & drivers and have since been experiencing connectivity issues. When it works it is fantastic but periodically drops connection with msg "Network cable is unplugged". By going to Device Mgr and changing any setting on the adapter, it will re-connect & everything is fine until next time. The exact model is Intel EXPI9301CTBLK Network Adapter 10/100/1000Mbps PCI-Express 1 x RJ45 (there wasn't an installation CD). The BIOS tab is asking to be flashed but I have no idea where that file might be (The Driver Update Utility has problems with XP). The downloads page on the support site has no link to an installation CD which I believe is called "Ethernet Adapters Connections CD". The one link I was able to find doesn't indicate support for this adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi TIA,

Just to double check, have you tried installing the driver from this website? As Window XP is an EOL operating system, this is the latest release version we have.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/50395/Intel-Gigabit-CT-Desktop-Adapter

Rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
Db3
Beginner

As there was no disc (card was in a "blister pack"), I had to download everything from the website. I found the XP driver and it installed no problem. With the disconnects, the Event Viewer is showing an alert for "e1qexpress" The Gigabyte Adapter is disconnected from the network.. If I go to adapter properties & change something (or change it back) the adapter reconnects and works well til next time (could be hours or days).

Also would note that the driver download is marked 18.3 but once installed Windows shows the driver as 12.7.27.0

P.S.

TIA=Thanks In Advance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Demianb,

Thank you for the update and clarification. Our drivers are uploaded on website for download for easier access.

Are you connecting the CT desktop adapter to a switch? Please ensure both switch and network adapter have the same setting (e.g. if you configure the switch as autonego mode, configure the same on the network adapter).

Have you tried changing the cable and re-install on other system to test?

The version 18.3 refers to the version number of the software package, version 12.7.2.7.0 refers to the driver version.

As you mentioned in earlier post it is a ref'd adapter? Can you clarify on that?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
Db3
Beginner

"As you mentioned in earlier post it is a ref'd adapter?" = Referenced in subject title 'gigabyte ct desktop adapter'

The NIC is connected directly to the cable company router. Sorry but I do not have another box to test it on, just the old XP tower & a Win 7 lappy. The settings appear to be identical between the router and the NIC (both use IPv4 with IPv6 disabled).

What I have done recently, and appears to be working, is to increase the DHCP timeout on the router from 90 to 120 sec (seconds) and In Windows Services changed the Recovery options for any Network related services from the "Default" to "Restart the service".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi DemianB,

Thank you for the clarification and update. Please continue to monitor to check if the issue still persist. In case there is any chance you can trap swap the cable to connect to other ports in the router.Thank you.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
Db3
Beginner

Well, it keeps failing to initialize. With the disconnects, the Event Viewer is still showing an alert for "e1qexpress" The Gigabyte Adapter is disconnected from the network. None of the actions I've taken appears to have affected the issue.

I just don't understand why the card is not starting when the system boots without changing or re-changing an adapter property. Should I be looking at the nic boot properties? Is there something in there that would improve /correct its' behavior?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi DemianB

You may refer to below information for reference, we do not have the exact configuration as this really depends on your network.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005593.html

You may want to try install again on other system to check if it is a hardware issue on your network adapter.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Demianb,

You may refer to below information for reference, there is no exact configuration as this depends on your network,

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005593.html

Please try install on other system to check if it is hardware issue.

Rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Demianb,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos