i have some X520-2,they firmware version is:

0x18b30001 、x61b20001 、0x30030001、0x546d0001 

only ​0x18b30001 version can use PXE function。

help​

​thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello awong21, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the markings from the product label, so we can confirm if this is an Intel Retail version of the adapter. You can check this link and scroll down to Adapter Flash Enable/Disable Options BOOTENABLE=PXE - Enables PXE and disables iSCSI/FCoE boot for legacy BIOS. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005790/software/manageability-products.html If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
awong21
Beginner
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello awong21, Please provide the details that we require for us to further check on your inquiry. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello awong21, Thank you for the reply. We can't seem to find the PBA number from the photo provided. Were you able you provide a photo of the NIC card from the front view? You may refer to this link on where to find the Intel® Network Adapter PBA number https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
awong21
Beginner
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello awong21, Thank you for the prompt reply. We will check on the provided details and update you once done. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello awong21, Thank you for waiting on our update. Upon checking, we found that this is a Dell OEM NIC. We recommend you to check with Dell for the customized firmware for the NIC to support PXE boot. OEM NIC vendor customized firmware to adapt to the changes made on their NIC, thus they are in best position to provide the firmware so that you don’t lose features or customizations. With regards on how to enable PXE boot, you may refer to the link below which I posted in the initial reply.  However, as mentioned this is an OEM NIC, please also check with Dell in case they have other steps to enable the PXE boot.  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005790/software/manageability-products.html Should you have further questions, please let us know. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
awong21
Beginner

hello Crisselle C​

thank you for reply.

Can you tell me how to identify Dell OEM version an  Intel Retail version?

Best regards,

Alan wong

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Alan, Thank you for the reply. Please visit this link for the List of Supported Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters, if the PBA number of your network adapter isn't listed here, it's an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or LAN on motherboard (LOM) adapter. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Alan, How are you? We just want to check if you have additional questions for this matter. If you do, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Alan, We'd like to check if you have any other questions for this matter. If you do, please let me know. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
awong21
Beginner

Hello CrisselleC,

No more question for this matter.

thank you!

best regard​

​Alan Wong

0 Kudos