please i want to know how to add

vlan 1110 and vlan 99

to windows 10 1809 by using powershell

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Mahme5, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. What is the model of adapter you are trying to create VLANs on. Also confirm you are using PROSet software and drivers 23.5. Are you having any issues creating the VLANs or are you looking for instructions? Please see the following to use PowerShell for creating VLANs and Teams: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
mahme5
Novice

Thanks for your replay

But i want to know full syntax command [for example video or instructions something like that]

Thanks daniel.d_Intel

0 Kudos
MAwas
Beginner

It does not work for me.

It disables the network card and then nothing.

It display this message after approx. 1 minute...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM" -VLANID 2002

Add-IntelNetVLAN : Failed to add one or more of the specified VLAN IDs.

Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1

+ Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-L ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo         : InvalidOperation : (IANet_PhysicalE...Name = "INF01"):CimInstance) [Add-IntelNetVLAN], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing cmdlet.,Intel.PowerShell.Network.VLAN.AddIntelNetVlan

mahme5
Novice

Yes

this is exactly what happened with me after follow the instructions to use Power Shell

so @DanielD_Intel​  any help ??!!

Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Mahme5, The full command to add VLAN 1110 and 99 is (Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parentname "device name" -VLANID "1110,99"). Replace device name with your adapter. Is this a fresh installation of Windows 10 1809? Please confirm that you used the command (Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets") before running CMDLets in power shell. Please try the following: -Uninstall 23.5 software and drivers. -Delete contents of "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking" -Re-install 23.5 software and drivers. -Import CMDLets and try to create team Please inform us if this changes anything. If you have any questions let us know. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
mahme5
Novice

@DanielD_Intel​ 

Doing this steps

but powershell hanging and network card is disabled ???!!!!

any help ??!!

MAwas
Beginner

It work now. I forgot to install .NET 2.0

0 Kudos
mahme5
Novice

Please can you tell me the full steps to create vlans and how decide vlan 1110 tagged and vlan 99 untagged

Thanks in advance​

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Mahme5, To create an untagged VLAN it must be VLAN 0. Simply create a VLAN with ID 0. This feature was the same in older versions on ANS. The command in PowerShell would look like this (Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parentname "device name" -VLANID "1110,99,0"). Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
mahme5
Novice

@DanielD_Intel​ 

Sorry . But it still hanging and disable NIC

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Mahme5, Thank you for the reply. Are you currently using a fresh installation of Windows 10 1809? If not, would you be able to reinstall Windows 10 1809? Creating a VLAN in 23.5 does not seem to hang on a new installation of Windows 10 1809. Let us know if you have any questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Mahme5, Please let us know if the issue you are having in this thread is the same as the issue you encountered in the following thread: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Z0HSAU/intel-network-driver-problem We would like to keep the discussion in one thread, so we will not repeat the troubleshooting. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
mahme5
Novice

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your replay.

First i cannot reinstall win 10 so i want to find way to resolve this problem

second yes this is the same problem

Third would you release new version soon or honestly there is not solution for this problem !!!!

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Mahme5, Thank you for the reply. We are investigating this issue, and will inform you if there is a software release to address this. Please check the following thread for additional updates if there is a software release: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006AeVYSA0/?language=en_US If you have any other questions please let us know. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Betko
Novice

I have the exact same problem, the interface stays disabled and can't do anything. I am using T470s with Intel I219-V card.

If you need some extra infromations please contact me, I would just like to get this solved yesterday.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Betko, Thank you for posting. When the interface is disabled does PowerShell also hang or give an error message? Is this a fresh Windows 10 1809 install, or was it updated from a prior version? Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Betko
Novice

Hi.

It doesnt work for either via PowerShell, I get an error (shown below). Interface stays disabled. I have 1809 Windows updated from previous version.

Where can I get 23.2 release so I can try as shown on Afshin link?

Kind regards

intel_powershell.PNG

0 Kudos
Afshin
Beginner

Dear @DanielD_Intel,

I have Win 10 x64 1809. Driver ver 23.5 and 23.4 not work (not any VLANs tab). With ver 23.2 I have VLANs Tab. when I creatre a new one, its is always Disable. Powershell command also not workingerror 2.PNG

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee

Hello @Betko​ ,

Currently 23.2 is not available on download center. 23.4 should serve the same purpose. Please try to install 23.4 and install 23.5 on top of it. Then try the following:

1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator.

2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "

C:\Program

Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"

3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter.

4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN.

6. Copy the exact Get-IntelNetAdapter name in ParentName.

Let us know if this works. We will try to find a way to get you a 23.2 package if this does not work.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos