Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

how to configure X710 to classify packets to receive queues base on src-mac

xiaowe
Beginner

Hi
I'm trying to configure x710 for steering flows to different receive queues base on src-mac.
How do I configure this, do you have a similar example.
Thank you in advance.

xiaowe

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Please share the Operating system used. This would help us in checking your request.

Hoping to hear form you soon.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your request. If you have any other assistance needed, feel free to let us know. 

Looking forward to your reply..  

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xiaowe
Beginner

Thank you for your attention.

My info is the following:

Linux 4.19.126-1.el7.centos.ncir.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 4 22:32:00 EEST 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I run test-pmd  and bound a VF to test on DPDK. example:

/root/testpmd -c 0x30 -n 4 -w 0000:b3:05.1 --socket-mem=2048 -- -i --rxq=4 --txq=4

yang xiaowen

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

You're welcome. Appreciate your swift response..

Can you confirm if you're inquiry involves DPDK? This is because we have a different team who handles this kind of query. If yes, please see the following for access to Intel Premier Support. Click the "Access and Log In" to contact the DPDK support" https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome.    

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xiaowe
Beginner

Hello

Firstly I want to know how to configure XXV710 NIC , DPDK testpmd just for testing whether the config is working.

Thank you.

yang xiaowen

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow us to further check your query. Rest assured that we will provide an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Can you confirm if this is what you are looking for? How to Set Up Intel® Ethernet Flow Director

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/setting-up-intel-ethernet-flow-director.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xiaowe
Beginner

hello

Good day.

I check the below config. It must set the specific src mac. But I want to distribute the packets based on  src-mac that I do not know the src-mac what it is.

To specify that all traffic from 10.23.4.6 to 10.23.4.18 be placed in queue 4, issue this command:

# ethtool --config-ntuple flow-type tcp4 src-ip 10.23.4.6 dst-ip 10.23.4.18 action 4

Note: Without the ‘loc’ parameter, the rule is placed at position 1 of the Perfect-Match filter table. If a rule is already in that position, it is overwritten.

Forwards to queue 2 all IPv4 TCP traffic from 192.168.10.1:2000 that is going to 192.168.10.2:2001, placing the filter at position 33 of the Perfect-Match filter table (and overwriting any rule currently in that position):

# ethtool --config-ntuple <interface name> flow-type tcp4 src-ip 192.168.10.1 dst-ip 192.168.10.2 src-port 2000 dst-port 2001 action 2 loc 33

Drops all UDP packets from 10.4.83.2:

# ethtool --config-ntuple flow-type udp4 src-ip 10.4.82.2 action -1

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow us to further check on this. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Good day!

While we are checking on this, please share the following information that would us to further investigate your query.

1.)PBA and serial number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2.) Driver version used and link where the driver was downloaded.

3.) Firmware version used and link where the driver was downloaded.

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

How are you today?

Please provide the additional information we requested for us to further check your request. Let us know if you have any other questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello xiaowe,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
xiaowe
Beginner

Hello

Good day!

sorry for the late response.   I can not get the NIC info cause the servicer is a remote library. I just can ssh log in it. and I have found a way to resolve this problem. thank you for your support.

brs

xiaowe

0 Kudos