Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

i have the intel i211at on an x470 motherboard that i just installed into a machine and the internet is running very slow i have 75 meg internet here at my house and my other devices all run at 75meg this nic only running at 5 meg down and cannot change

GRoun
Beginner

motherboard is an asus x470 prime pro cant get good download speed with onboard nic

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GRoun
Beginner

motherboard is x470 prime pro installed the most recent windows 10 drivers and cant seem to get decent download speeds

0 Kudos
GRoun
Beginner

When i use google chrome to run a speed test i receive a 6 mb download speed and up to 3 meg uploads

i went to download drivers for my rtx 2080 and the download took me 2 hrs to complete

also when i use the rockstar games launcher to download and install red dead redemption 2 it says it will take 10 hrs

my previous motherboard with a realtek nic was a much better experience than this

the only reason i purchased this motherboard was for Nvlink

if there is somthing in the intel softare i need to turn on and someone can help i would appreciate it

if i cant get a fix i will just go out and purchase a new nic i would rather use this one though because i figured intel nic's were better

the internet i pay for is 75 meg down and 20 meg uploads

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Groun,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We know the importance of having your issue resolve, and we will do our best to assist you.

We need to gather information to find a recommendation for your concern. Please provide the following information.

1. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25293/eng/SSU.exe. After downloading, please run it, and it will create a text file. Please attach the file to your reply.

2. To clarify, the speed of your internet connection is 75 Megabytes per second for download and 20 Megabytes per second upload, are we correct?

3. Are the results that you are sharing coming from a speed test website or from the rate of the actual downloading of a file?

We look forward to hearing from you. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Groun,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities page.

We have not received your response on this forum, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Groun,

I am just sending another follow up if you still have questions or clarifications. 

Since we have not heard back from you, We will close this inquiry now. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos