I use the i211 gigabit network that goes with my motherboard. I have issues with it where will have random droppages (disconnecting from the internet, I check in the bottom left of my taskbar where the connection status is, and see no connection, and when I click on it, it doesn't show on the connection list). I noticed that the driver that I use is from 6/12/2018.
I tried to fix this by going to the latest version of drivers. I downloaded the latest driver at at this link, and when I installed it, the driver/ethernet would stop working altogether. Checking device manager, I would see a "code 37", and a yellow caution sign alongside the icon that shows that the driver is a network adapter. I have to rollback to my 2018 drivers to even get it to work.
Attached below is my SSU.exe logs
Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.
We are sorry to hear that you are encountering issue with your i211 gigabit network. For us to check your request, please see below information regarding Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller and kindly provide the following that would help with the investigation.
1. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with MSI system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with MSI for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.
MSI Service And Support
2. When did the issue first encountered?
random droppages (disconnecting from the internet, I check in the bottom left of my taskbar where the connection status is, and see no connection, and when I click on it, it doesn't show on the connection list).
3. How often does the disconnecting issue occurs?
4. Do you see any error whenever the disconnection happens?
5. Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the issue?
6. As for the latest driver that you obtained from Intel download center, we'd like to inform you that the software drivers linked from our page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. We highly suggest using the driver from the manufacturer and contact them as well in case any issue occurs.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.
Intel® Customer Support
This is just a follow up to check if you received our initial response. If yes, please confirm and provide the information we request for us to proceed checking your request.
Awaiting to your reply.
We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.
Intel Customer Support
I hope this message finds you well!
Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.
Have a good day and stay safe!
Intel® Customer Support