Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

i219-LM RSS Enabled but Windows show not capable

foureight84
Beginner

I've setup SMB Multichannel on my Truenas (intel I210 and intel I219-LM onboard) and transfer from my windows desktop to the NAS is utilizing multichannel. However, when I transfer from Truenas to Windows, I only get 1Gbp/s speed. 

My desktop also has the same two NIC's onboard (I210 and I219-LM). I've double-checked the drivers (installed the latest from Intel as well) and RSS is enabled for both NICs. But when I checked Get-SmbClientNetworkInterface it shows that the I219-LM is not capable of RSS.

At least I know why transfers from Truenas to Windows is not utilizing multichannel, but I can't seem to enable RSS on the I219-LM.

foureight84_1-1608520353663.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
foureight84
Beginner

I forgot to mention that the I219-LM NIC on the Windows machine is running on an Asus WS X299 Sage motherboard. The Truenas is running on an ASRock C236 WSI.

So far I've only been able to find a similar topic with RSS problems on an I217-LM. https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/I217-LM-no-RSS-possible-under-Win-8-1-Pro-x64-driver-setting/td-p/488447

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Foureight84,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We are sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your network adapter.

To better assist you, we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

Also, we would like to ask if you set up teaming for both network adapters.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Foureight84,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Foureight84, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos