Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

i219-lm eeupdate or equivalent to re-program the MAC address

GuyKittelson
Beginner

I have a couple of different motherboards that I would like to reprogram the MAC address from within the dos environment.  I know that eeupdate was discontinued in the latest driver packs, but is there an older one that contains it or that I would please download to use with my i219-LM network adapters to change the MAC address?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Guykittelson,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

Actually, we still have the eeupdate tool, however it is now being reserved for designers and developers like you.

You can have access to it by following the instructions listed on this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023048/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html. Just populate the last item on the list.

Since most likely you are using third party boards with built-in cards, we strongly recommend also to check with them if they have an equivalent tool. Their tool is more appropriate for the hardware, since they considered all the customizations and changes that they have made with our ethernet controller.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GuyKittelson
Beginner

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for the quick response.  I had seen this, which is why I posted my request.

I log into the RDC, I go to Design Tools and Resources, I click on support and communities, and I ended up posting my post.

If there is a specific location I need to go to, would you please share that my link with me?

Guy

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Guykittelson,

Thank you for the quick response and for previously checking the tool that you need.

Since you cannot locate the file, we will forward this thread to our Resource and Design Center (RDC) team, to help you find the tool.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days. Also, they may communicate with your via email.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GuyKittelson
Beginner

Hello,

I am still waiting for an answer, I haven't heard from anyone?

0 Kudos