Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4860 Discussions

i219-v PING packet loss on 1Gb

CJLIN
Beginner

I own my DELL-5060-MFF Micro (build-in i219-v ethernet controller) with Ubuntu 20.04 & 18.04, in my case that all works fine in 100Mbps, but when I switch to 1Gb the PING packet will loss about every 10 sec (please check my attached screenshot below for driver info & screenshot of PING loss).

(HW Information)

i219-v HW Infoi219-v HW Info

(Driver Information)

i219-v Driver Informationi219-v Driver Information

(PING normal on 100Mbps)

i219-v PING normal on 100Mbpsi219-v PING normal on 100Mbps

(PING loss on 1Gbps)

i219-v PING loss on 1000Mbpsi219-v PING loss on 1000Mbps

I've try connected with 3 different switch (Netgear-GS308, DLINK-DGS108) the problem still happen,

and I also try connect 2 PC(1 DELL 5060 Micro, 1 DIY PC) directly (without any Switch/Router), the problem still happen,

BTW, the problem never happen on my DIY-PC & Notebook.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello CJLIN,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

First, we'd like to set your expectation regarding our support for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM). We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Dell system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with Dell for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

To proceed with your request, can you please share if you already tried the driver provided by your manufacturer? If yes, does it help the issue? Have you also tried using the generic driver that can be downloaded from Intel site?

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CJLIN
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

Actually I have request customer support for DELL last week, they want me try in Windows (but I have no windows setup CD, so I could not try the status in Windows), so that's why I've post this on there.

And I have also found a tricky when I move my DELL-5060-MFF behind switch to router direct connected(position A), the PING was normal, then I changed the position to B or C, the PING will loss.

CJLIN_0-1626683758069.png

BTW, I have try original drivers from ubuntu(16.04, 18.04, 20.04, 21.04), and never try other drivers.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello CJLIN,

Thank you for the swift reply and sharing Dell's feedback with us.

Would it possible to try the driver that can be obtain from Dell and share the result with us? 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/optiplex-5060-desktop/drivers

You may also consider trying the latest generic driver that can be downloaded from Intel Download Center.

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

You may also notice below statement from our download site. In case that the driver didn't helped with the issue, we will try to consult this issue with our higher level support as our best effort support and for further checking. 

About Intel® drivers

If you purchased an OEM branded server or appliance, contact your OEM for a SW driver version that is compatible with your exact FW version. Using SW and FW versions that have not been validated to work together will affect performance, feature availability, and system stability.

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CJLIN
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

Thanks for your quickly response, after few days, DELL has contact with me, and they dispatch a engineer to my place to replace the motherboard, then now it works fine, no matter 1Gb or 100Mbps it's all works normal, I'm appreciate to thank you about your quickly support.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello CJLIN,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved after replacing the motherboard. 

Please be informed that we will now proceed closing this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos