Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

i219-v ping issue

Sentenzas
Beginner

I have the motherboard ASUS z390-i, with i219-v ethernet controller and i have the issue:

When i ping anything, even my router, i have the ping spikes, for example:

I ping my router usually ping is - <1ms, but every 10-12 packet is =4 or =6.

When i ping for example 1.1.1.1 usually have the 3ms, but every 10-12 i got =15 or =20

My PC: Windows 10, intel i9-9900k cpu, motherboard asus z390-i.

Why i think it's the controller? - easy, i have my wife PC with intel i211 controller and linux mint, and there is NO issues at all, so it's not a cable or something liket that. Also i have the secondary router, ARCHER C9, when i ping directly from router, there is NO spikes.

What i did, already:

1. Replaced patch-cord, i've tried CAT5e no-name, CAT6 cabeus, CAT8 hyperline cable.

2. Tried different driver versions.

3. Tried play with the controller settings.

4. Tried connect directly without router.

5. Tried ping 127.0.0.1 - <1ms everytime, solid no ping.
  6. Tried reset windows adapter config, like ipconfig /release, /renew, netsh winsock reset ..etc
  7. Tried USE FTP cable with manual grounding. Why? I don't know..

Is there any ways to fix that? Look like windows 10 - i219-v issue. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Sentenzas,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Hope this message finds you well. For us to further check and investigate the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Can you share the link of the latest driver that you are using right now?
  2. Have you tried lowering the value or turning off interrupt moderation as this is best for handling many small packets so the driver is more responsive to incoming and outgoing packets? 
  3. You may also look into disabling other I219-V features such as offloading, Energy Efficient Ethernet and flow control to check if it will help in your scenario.
  4. Please double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit). 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sentenzas
Beginner

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

1. Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 This driver,  i've tried install with and without proset. I've also tried some versions, even really old.

2. Yes i did. No result.

3. Yes, i'm a CS:GO player, so i disable this.

4. 1 Gbps

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sentenzas,

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you try to download the latest driver again and follow the steps here for the clean installation of the driver.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Sentenzas
Beginner

I don't know how it's possible but after i did clean driver install as you adviced it gets worse, if early i had 8 ping to ya.ru, now i have 10 and spike didn't left.

I did clean install linux mint LTS release to usb stick to this pc, it works like a magic. Ping to ya.ru 8 no spike in a hour.

I also found one youtube video where person tells the same wired things about i219-v, also found some post in internet with the same problem, but didn't find the solution.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sentenzas,

Thank you for trying our last recommendations. Let me gather the following details for us to investigate the issue further.

1. Do you have 2 OS in your system?
  2. Can you share some screenshots or figures of the ping after clean install of the OS?
  3. Please help generate the SSU of of the system. Kindly download the utility here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?wapkw=ssu

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sentenzas,

I hope you are having a good day. I am just sending a follow up on the information that I requested for us to further investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sentenzas,

I hope this message finds you well. Sending another follow up on information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Sentenzas
Beginner

Hi! Sorry for the late answer, the issue not really yet solved. 

I've found that if the microsoft edge working - have ping issues.

If i ping only desktop, ping is 0.

0 Kudos