Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

i225-LMvP VLAN tagging windows 11

BobWeng
Beginner

I'm hoping someone out there can help me setup VLAN tagging in Windows 11 for my i225-LMvP.  Since Intel has deprecated ProSET for Windows 11 there is no easy way to setup multiple VLANs on this computer.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello BobWeng,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe i225-LMvP or is it onboard?
  2. What is the brand and model of your board/system?
  3. Kindly share with us the link of your network driver.
  4. Can you share a screenshot when you try to set up the VLAN tagging in your system?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
BobWeng
Beginner

Afternoon Michael,

I'm using a ThinkPad x1 Extreme Gen5, combined with a ThinkPad Thunderbolt 4 Workstation Dock.  I've got Intel criver 2.1.1.7 published on 02/02/2022 installed from here https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/products/sku/184675/intel-ethernet-controller-i225lm/downloads.html .

And this is as far as I've gotten trying to get a vlan setup.  Any previous setup was done via the proset gui interface and I'm lost otherwise.

BobWeng_0-1666817794934.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BobWeng,

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to clarify, are you using onboard/embedded i225-LMvP?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
BobWeng
Beginner

I suppose you could say it's onboard the dock,  It disappears from the device manager when the dock is not connected.  There is no wired ethernet port on the laptop itself.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BobWeng,

Thank you for the clarification. Let me share this link about the Intel's Support for VLAN in Windows 11:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

However, since your network card is onboard, it is best to contact the OEM manufacturer which is Lenovo. Onboard network cards are considered OEM products and the OEM manufacturer may have custom driver, software and firmware to enable some features for your system.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BobWeng,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up hoping that you are now talking to the OEM for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BobWeng,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just checking and hoping that you are now talking with Lenovo for further assistance regarding the issue. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos